× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Ex6200v2 Ethernet droping connection every 20-30 minutes

ixncxlxkxxth
Aspirant

Ex6200v2 Ethernet droping connection every 20-30 minutes

Ive been having problems with m Ex6200v2 where ive been using for ethernet on my gaming pc and when i play any game about 15-30 minutes into something it just disconnects me for about 15-20 seconds and it happens wtih the game and my discord itll go from 4 bar to a 1 bar then drop out completely then reconnect. ive tried everything its on the latest firmware ive done resets ive switched channels idk what to even do.

Message 1 of 9
ixncxlxkxxth
Aspirant

Re: Ex6200v2 Ethernet droping connection every 20-30 minutes

My router/modem is a arris TG2472 

Message 2 of 9
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello ixncxlxkxxth - Have you tried connecting another device wired into the extender to see if the behavior is the same?

~Christian 

Message 3 of 9
ixncxlxkxxth
Aspirant

So ive had a laptop hooked up to it but i only notice it when im playing games like rainbow six siege, rust, and grand theft auto and my laptop cant play games like that
Message 4 of 9
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

ixncxlxkxxth  - When you connect the laptop directly to the router, does the same issue occur? 

~Christian 

Message 5 of 9
ixncxlxkxxth
Aspirant

the laptop doesn't drop connection its my pc that is custom built into my desk is and my router is in another room. Sometimes with the xbox when it is on ethernet it drops connection to the ex6200v2.Ive used the ethernet port on the mobo and i got a pice network card and it still drops s oi dont believe its hardware based

Message 6 of 9
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi ixncxlxkxxth, 

A couple things: 

1. You could try reserving the IP address of your pc on the router so it does not try to assign it a new one every time it is turned on

2. What is the status of the router link LED when it drops?

3. Have you tried switching out the cable that is connected to the extender and pc?

~Christian

Message 7 of 9
ixncxlxkxxth
Aspirant

1. How would indo that ive got no clue
2 all the lights on the router stya connected im pretty sure but i cant move that fast to see the lights when it times out
3. Ive tried at least 15 different cables
Message 8 of 9
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

ixncxlxkxxth, 

You will need to log into your Arris router to do so. Please contact Arris Support for further assistance.

Furthermore, please contact our Technical Support Team for further investigation : https://www.netgear.com/support/default.aspx

~Christian 

Message 9 of 9
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7