× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Extender 8000 Still Showing up in Network

WiFiDisaster
Aspirant

Extender 8000 Still Showing up in Network

Hello,

I have the Netgear EX8000 Nighthawk X6S AC3000 Tri-band Wi-Fi Range Extender. I unplugged it and powered it completely down but it is still showing up as an available WiFi network. Anyknow why and how to remove it?

Thanks

Model: EX8000|AC3000 Nighthawk X6S Tri Band WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 1 of 7
plemans
Guru

Re: Extender 8000 Still Showing up in Network

Well the EX8000 is a mesh device so whatever ssid you had it connected to is probably still broadcasting. 

If you have it unplugged/powered off, its not broadcasting. It's more than likely whatever router you had it connected to. 

Message 2 of 7
WiFiDisaster
Aspirant

Thank you. This makes sense. The thing is I purchased a new router/modem combo so I the original entire mesh network is gone and replaced. Any ideas why it could still be listed as connected to old router when that is no longer in service? 

Message 3 of 7
plemans
Guru

any other satellites plugged in anywhere? 

Also, is it actually scanning or just showing an old connection? 

My phone shows all my "saved" connections besides the current ones broadcasting. You can always download a wireless channel scanner and check

Message 4 of 7
WiFiDisaster
Aspirant

appreciate the help.

No other satalites are up. 

I downloaded the IP Network Scanner app and it is not showing up on it that I can tell. 

But, on all of my devices, the NETGEAR_EXT network is showing up and looks as if it is broadcasting. I attached a screenshot. When I try to connect to this network, it says "No Internet Connection".  When I click on the information screen, an IP address shows up too. Even when I say Forget This Network and delete from Saved Networks, it keeps popping back up on all of my devices (Phone, Macs, etc). 

The reason I am freaking out is it says it is an unsecured network and I am concerned that it is providing a gateway into my main Nighthawk Router.  

Any idea what's going on? 

Message 5 of 7
plemans
Guru

So if you don't have any satellites plugged in, no extenders plugged in, and your router is shut off, and its still broadcasting, then it isn't your device. It must be someone else's. 

Message 6 of 7
WiFiDisaster
Aspirant

I understand. 

Appreciate the help!!!

Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements