× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Finding MAC Address

tperk
Aspirant

Finding MAC Address

May seem like dumb question but I cannot figure out how to get the MAC address. 2 MAC  Addresses on Extender label seem to be for connecting other devices to the extender. I need the mac to connect extender via WiFi to my FIOS G-1100 Verizon gateway.

Thanks

Model: EX7300v2|AC2200 Nighthawk X4 WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 1 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Is there any helpful information in the user manual for this? 

Does the setup wizard not help you connect the extender to the main host routers wifi? 

Message 2 of 8
tperk
Aspirant

Is there any helpful information in the user manual for this? 

Yes, but not to find MAC

Does the setup wizard not help you connect the extender to the main host routers wifi?

Yes, I am connected. 

Here's my problem. I have about 50 (many no name) devices conected to gateway, including the extender. I simply want to ID the Extender and change its name to "Extender." I am trying to ID all devices to make sure no one unauthorized is "borrowing" my network. It would be easier if the G-1100 has some way to sort or reorder the attached devices. 

Message 3 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

You can look at the sticker on the extender and see the MAC address here. Then look for this address on the main host routers connected clients table...

Message 4 of 8
tperk
Aspirant

@FURRYe38 wrote:

You can look at the sticker on the extender and see the MAC address here. Then look for this address on the main host routers connected clients table...

You must not have really read my original post.

Message 5 of 8
schumaku
Guru

@tperk wrote:

2 MAC  Addresses on Extender label seem to be for connecting other devices to the extender. I need the mac to connect extender via WiFi to my FIOS G-1100 Verizon gateway.

There are three MAC addresses: One of for the extender wired Ethernet, one for the 2.4 GHz and one for the 5 GHz radio. Unless I'm wrong, the two WiFi radio MAC are shwon on the top of the Connected Devices in the Genie Web UI.

Message 6 of 8
tperk
Aspirant

Can you show me the Main MAC in this pic? The cropped out number is WPS Pin.

Unit Label_Ser # Etc.jpg

Message 7 of 8
tperk
Aspirant

My pic is here when I post. When I come back its gone. Trying again. If pic's gone, click Unit Label attachment.

Unit Label_Ser # Etc.jpg

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7