× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: How do I contact customer support????

JackBenEzra
Follower

How do I contact customer support????

The web site says "help is just a phone call away" but I am finding that it is impossible to find a phone number or even live on line chat support.

How do I reach customer support?

Message 1 of 23

Accepted Solutions
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello everyone

https://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx?cid=wmt_netgear_organic

Follow the prompts and it should give you a way to contact support if its not working try another web browser and make sure a pop up blocker or firewall is not blocking this.

DarrenM

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 23

All Replies
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello JackBenEzra

Here is the link you want to use to contact support.

http://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx?cid=wmt_netgear_organic

DarrenM

Message 2 of 23
larmonro
Tutor

I just experienced exactly the same thing

I have been going round in circles on the ARLO web site

Contact Support puts you in a loop

There is no easy way to find where I can have an online chat

There is no easy way to find what the support phone number is

Message 3 of 23
Drgwayne
Guide

Ditto-- no phone number, no chat, no help from community-- apparently no warranty.  "Fatal Error" when I fill out thier info form and submit.  Getting pretty frustrating.  

Message 4 of 23
WendyS
Initiate

I'm finding the same can't contact support - I'm very unhappy with this product, not fit for purpose

Model: WN3000RPv3|N300 WiFi Range Extender
Message 5 of 23
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello everyone

https://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx?cid=wmt_netgear_organic

Follow the prompts and it should give you a way to contact support if its not working try another web browser and make sure a pop up blocker or firewall is not blocking this.

DarrenM

Message 6 of 23
Drgwayne
Guide

The link took me to the same place as before-- it's an endless circle of web pages that never connect you with where to find a phone number or do a chat!  Very poor customer service. My solution will be to toss this new product and go to a different company for my wi-fi needs.  Last time I purchase anything by Netgear.  

Message 7 of 23
Drgwayne
Guide

If anyone can find the phone number for customer support will you plase reply to this post with the number included in the message?  

Message 8 of 23
Gardenut
Guide

Yes, I am having the same trouble.  The link provided requires a serial number, and since I'm not home, I can't get help!!!  Isn't there a way to get into chat?

Message 9 of 23
Gardenut
Guide

I agree!  I have "connection failed".  Of course i'm not home to get the serial number, but you need a serial number in order to chat!  Piece of garbage, this thing is going back!

Message 10 of 23
Gardenut
Guide

I agree about going with another product / company - extremely frustrating! 

Message 11 of 23
agardenut
Initiate

There IS NO CUSTOMER SUPPORT!!!  I have been on hold for 68 minutes and then got a fast busy signal.  i've tried going online, but it just spins and doesn't advance to the correct screen.  I've responded to emails that Netgear has sent me, but they are always "NO-REPLY" addresses!  If you haven't purchased a product from them yet, I advise you NOT TO.  If you have purchased a product and need support, GOOD LUCK WITH THAT!  -do I SOUND a little frustrated?!?

Message 12 of 23
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello agardenut 

I have sent you a PM

everyone else please contact me if you still can not get the contact customer support to work.

DarrenM

Message 13 of 23
Gardenut
Guide

Thx

Thx

Message 14 of 23
larmonro
Tutor

Re: Thx

I also have not seen a PM

Note the issue with the chat option on the ARLO support screen is that its not consistently available and what I am predicting from the numerous times I've tried to find it over the past month is that it appears to be available after hours during AU EST not during the day. As a result without getting clarity from neither NetGear or ARLO as yet it may be as simple as (and not that its acceptable) that the CHAT team are only available during AU evenings due to the differing international time zones. Hence conclude that they are not a 24*7 help centre based on a follow the sun model.

I am in consultation with NetGear / Arlo support and have formally logged a case.

Suggest that users do same IF they can find the support links needed.

I will continue to pursue with them.

Regards

larmonro

Message 15 of 23
larmonro
Tutor

BTW when NETGear / Arlo support helped me last week they sent me a link refer attached which I saved as one of my favorites

It has the chat option so maybe for now save and use this as a favorite

http://arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Let me know how you go as once I did get in contact with them via CHAT they did try to assist.

Regards

larmonro

Message 16 of 23
larmonro
Tutor

Finally

Its in ARLO and NETGEARs interests to improve the user experience so whilst this forum is certainly valuable for mind sharing and experience. We must ensure that we officially log feedback with both ARLO and NETGEAR in order for them to know what to fix and why.

I have 2 ARLO installations that I installed over the past 3 months.

I am extremely happy with the functionality and the value that comes with being able to remotely monitor my rural farm property 300kms away from my home. Am concious that there are many competitive products in the market place including SWAN and others that am sure are equally suitable to some degree.

However the ongoing glitches regarding "connection failed" when trying to view cameras LIVE vs my default set up on sensor movement is frustrating and the CHAT option not being consistently available and going round in circles on the ARLO website when trying to contact support are unacceptable in this day and age of customer service and interoperability.

So I urge you to ensure that you provide the necessary feedback for ARLO/NETGEAR to improve both their products and user/support experience by providng feedback via the formal channels (once you can find them). Do not relent and give up as we are now committed to them because we spent thousands of $$$$ on their products so are entitled to professional, timely and reliable products and post sale support and services.

Yours Constructively

larmonro

Message 17 of 23
JamesC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

larmonro,

Arlo support can be reached via the link you posted above at any time of day via chat, email or phone. Additionally, you are welcome to post the issue you are having on the Arlo Community page where others who may be experiencing similar issues can offer guidance.

If you have a support case open you would like me to review, feel free to provide me with the case number (private message is preferred as this thread is not Arlo specific) and I will review your case.

Thank you,

JamesC

Message 18 of 23
Gardenut
Guide

The issue is that the website doesn't GET you to customer service or chat (it just spins and doesn't advance to the next screen), and when I've called, I've been on hold for over an hour each time and then get a fast busy signal, or disconnection.   From what I understand, there is only a 3 week period to resolve issues, after that, there is a fee for contacting them (if you can).

I've been waiting for a response for 2 weeks now, so my trial period is over.  Thank goodness I can still return the cameras to the store from which I purchased them.

Message 19 of 23
JDWILL
Aspirant

Why is there no chat or phone number for customer support? All I wanted to do was see about buying another couple cameras as I already have the system. All I see on the site is for entire systems, which I don't need.

Very frustrating customer...I hestitate to use support

Message 20 of 23
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Jdwill

You can go to amazon and search arlo add on camera this will allow you to purchase individual cameras.

DarrenM

Message 21 of 23
mpshaw2
Aspirant

The number to support is (888) NETGEAR. I googled it on the internet.  YAY!!

Message 22 of 23
Gardenut
Guide

DOH!  Why didn't I think of that instead of getting lost in their website that seems to be an infinity loop?!?  Thanks - I'll try that!

Message 23 of 23
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 22 replies
  • 21 kudos
  • 10 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7