× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

I cannot wall plug my AC1750 Model: EX6400V3

Álvaro
Aspirant

I cannot wall plug my AC1750 Model: EX6400V3

Good Afternoon I´ve recently bought a Wifi mesh extender ( AC1750 Model: EX6400V3). Since I live in Spain (Europe) we have a different type of wall plugs. I was wondering, what kind of wall plug adapter would I need in order to power my Wifi mesh Extender?

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: I cannot wall plug my AC1750 Model: EX6400V3

TYPE B

This class I plug is designated as American standard NEMA 5-15. It has two flat 1.5 mm thick blades, spaced 12.7 mm apart, measuring 15.9 – 18.3 mm in length and 6.3 mm in width. It also has a 4.8 mm diameter round or U-shaped earth pin, which is 3.2 mm longer than the two flat blades, so the device is grounded before the power is connected. The centre-to-centre distance between the grounding pin and the middle of the imaginary line connecting the two power blades is 11.9 mm. The plug is rated at 15 amps.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
plemans
Guru

You should first check to see if the spanish power output (voltage/hz) is one that the ex6400v3 accepts. If it is, then a simple adapter would work. If not, then you'd need a power transformer. 

Message 2 of 4
Álvaro
Aspirant

IMG_1565 (1).PNGIMG_3469 (1).jpg

yeah it accepts the voltage, the thing is I already bought a "simple adapter" but, since there are aparently different types of wallplug sizes in the US the one I bought was to big for the power adapter of the mesh extender, so my question is do you know the type of wall adapter this model requires, because I dont know if it´s type e/f, type G, and it doesnt specify in the instructions.

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

TYPE B

This class I plug is designated as American standard NEMA 5-15. It has two flat 1.5 mm thick blades, spaced 12.7 mm apart, measuring 15.9 – 18.3 mm in length and 6.3 mm in width. It also has a 4.8 mm diameter round or U-shaped earth pin, which is 3.2 mm longer than the two flat blades, so the device is grounded before the power is connected. The centre-to-centre distance between the grounding pin and the middle of the imaginary line connecting the two power blades is 11.9 mm. The plug is rated at 15 amps.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7