× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Iphone 4s with IO6 Unable to connect to WG102 Firmware V5.03

ShannonRoberts
Aspirant

Iphone 4s with IO6 Unable to connect to WG102 Firmware V5.03

Hi Everyone,

Im trying both angles here for support where possible.

Since upgrading iphone 4S to IOS6 a couple of my staffs phones can no longer connect to our WG102 with Firmware V5.0.3

Iphone 4S IOS5 has no problems.

I've tried all Wireless security settings, even OPEN with no Key required and still doesnt allow connection.

Iphone 4S IO6
Version: 6.0 (10A403)
Carrier: Telstra 13.1
Modem Firmware: 3.0.04

However i have noticied that IF the Iphone 4S with IOS6 has
Modem Firmware: 04.12.02 or maybe higher, there are no upgrade issues.

I spoke with NetGear Support and are aware of some connectivity issues, though nothing specific to this WG102 Device at the moment.

Is anyone else experiencing these issues out there with this device and same Iphone specs ?
Message 1 of 8
cybermonkee
Aspirant

Yes - I have the same issue on iPhone 5. This is most definitely a Netgear problem as the iPhones I have used with iOS work fine with other APs by different vendors.
Message 2 of 8
saxjonz
Aspirant

I have same specs and can connect fine with other modems just not netgear. Any solution?
Message 3 of 8
mrose
Aspirant

I had trouble connecting an iPhone 5 to a WG102 with firmware 5.0.3.

I downgraded the firmware in the WG102 to 5.0.0 and the iPhone connected without any trouble.

Mark Rose
Message 4 of 8
ShannonRoberts
Aspirant

Just an Update: ive had an Iphone 4S with IOS 6 and 6.01 AND iphone 5 with IOS 6.0 then upgrade to IOS 6.01, please see below comments of what a Netgear Support guy said to me

"There are no updates yet when the new firmware will be released. You may visit our website regularly to check the if a new firmware is already released. By the way, the firmware that will not allow Apple devices with IOS 6 has been removed from the website.

Since that the case has been resolved by the work-around that we gave you, the case will be now set to close. You may open up a new case if you need further assistance.

Sincerely,

Aljo Lim
Aljo.Lim@netgear-support.com

Does this imply, if there are not making any new firmware, then as consumers we have to "THROW" away the device ?

a good response if these devices were used in the household perhaps, however for my case i now have to go to the MD of my company an exlpain we have to "THROW" away these Net Gear WAP's ?

I'd probably say from that response we might toss out everything thats Netgear and change to something else
Message 5 of 8
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Please do not post support name /email. 🙂
Message 6 of 8
provenkick
Aspirant

I had the same problem with Netgear WG102 Access Point and an iPhone 4s with iOS 6.

This solution posted earlier worke for me! Downgrading the firmware version from 5.0.3 to 5.0.0 let all my iPhones and iPads connect.

Go to the Netgear site at http://downloadcenter.netgear.com/en/ to get firmware version 5.0.0
Message 7 of 8
ShannonRoberts
Aspirant

Hi..

Im well aware downgrading the firmware is defined as a "work-around", its not a solution to a problem. A support Rep from Netgear advised this.

Logically, the purpose of firmware/patches etc, are to fix identified issues/enhancements etc, wheres the logic in downgrading ?

Netgear and Apple need to get off their backsides and do some work and fix this.

This might be a simple answer to a consumer, try telling a Large Global Corporate Company , Hotel Chain, Cafe's etc.. that if you dont downgrade firmware , you cant fix this ,otherwise buy and buy an alternative product.
Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7