× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

My AC1200 WiFi Range Extender keeps disconnecting

stalkingdatoast
Initiate

My AC1200 WiFi Range Extender keeps disconnecting

Hi, my ac1200 wifi extender continues to disconnect himself from the Internet every 20-25 minutes for about 10 seconds and then reconnects. This is extremely annoying specially since i use this extender to connect my computer and other gaming systems. I need a solution to this problem. Now with that said, i know how this goes. So before any questions are asked please see read everything....My main router is across from the extender, we are talking about 8 feet, nothing is between the router and the extender. I tried, resetting to factory settings, changing the channel, updating firmware. I need a solution to this problem please. I am also connected using Ethernet cable, i also switch the cable to a brand new one, so i know is not the cable. 

I need help, this is ridiculous! 

Model: EX6200|AC1200 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: My AC1200 WiFi Range Extender keeps disconnecting

Hello stalkingdatoast

If you are using this as a AP via ethernet you shouldn't be seeing drops like this I would say contact support if the extender is still under warranty.

http://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx

DarrenM

Message 2 of 4
stalkingdatoast
Initiate

The extender is a few feet's from my main Internet providers router, Is not connected via Ethernet with the main router, is connected wireless. 

Message 3 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello stalkingdatoast 

Have you tried to move it to another room?

DarrenM

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7