× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: My AC1200 WiFi Range Extender keeps disconnecting

stalkingdatoast
Initiate

My AC1200 WiFi Range Extender keeps disconnecting

Hi, my ac1200 wifi extender continues to disconnect himself from the Internet every 20-25 minutes for about 10 seconds and then reconnects. This is extremely annoying specially since i use this extender to connect my computer and other gaming systems. I need a solution to this problem. Now with that said, i know how this goes. So before any questions are asked please see read everything....My main router is across from the extender, we are talking about 8 feet, nothing is between the router and the extender. I tried, resetting to factory settings, changing the channel, updating firmware. I need a solution to this problem please. I am also connected using Ethernet cable, i also switch the cable to a brand new one, so i know is not the cable. 

I need help, this is ridiculous! 

Model: EX6200|AC1200 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello stalkingdatoast

If you are using this as a AP via ethernet you shouldn't be seeing drops like this I would say contact support if the extender is still under warranty.

http://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx

DarrenM

Message 2 of 4
stalkingdatoast
Initiate

The extender is a few feet's from my main Internet providers router, Is not connected via Ethernet with the main router, is connected wireless. 

Message 3 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello stalkingdatoast 

Have you tried to move it to another room?

DarrenM

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7