× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

My WNDR3300V1 appears dead. 6 months old

bcurrey
Aspirant

My WNDR3300V1 appears dead. 6 months old

I've had this router for about 6 months. I have Comcast as my internet company. Everything has been working fine until yesterday. Tried to get on the internet and there was no connection. Came in to look at the router, and the lights on the dome weren't blinking like they usually do. I unplugged the router and cable modem, waited 2 minutes and plugged the modem and then the router up. I've done this several times before and it has always solved and issues.

Today this isn't working. The lights on the dome stay on constantly with no flashing. I'm able to access the internet by connecting directly to the cable modem.

I restarted everything and then plugged my computer into my router. I went to ipconfig to check my IP addresses, and I don't have any.

There is no activity with the router. There is also a very high pitch buzz that comes from the router now. It stops every couple seconds and the dome light dim slightly and then the buzz starts again.

Any ideas? I've tried the reset button on the back of the router. I'm unplugged everything and restarted about 20 times and nothing changes. Would appreciate any help. Thanks.
Message 1 of 4
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Re: My WNDR3300V1 appears dead. 6 months old

use wired the router and TEST.

directly connection to modem really don't help much unless you wired to the router. either work or not. if work then you know it's an issues with internet wireless issues and not entire router is bad.

I would reset the router and ALWASY test with pc wired the router and also wireless. wired continue to work then call support for possible RMA exchange

you can make contact via portal . my.netgear.com
Message 2 of 4
bcurrey
Aspirant

I tried connecting with a cable going from computer to router and nothing happens. No internet, no IP address. I guess ill give tech support a call and hope they will exchange it.
Message 3 of 4
bcurrey
Aspirant

So ends up I bought this on 9/1/10. Which means it's out of warranty. These idiots now won't help me but instead offered me a 6 month extended warranty for just $70. That's more than the damn router cost when I bought it. Quite the scam netgear's running. I'll just put that $70 towards a router make by a better company. This was my last netgear product.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7