× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NETGEAR Wifi Extender 6120 Connects but says "No internet Connection"

Godzilla12345
Aspirant

NETGEAR Wifi Extender 6120 Connects but says "No internet Connection"

My family and I went to the beach and brought our Wifi extender because we know that the network they have here is terrible.  We plugged the Wifi extender in, and went through Netgear Genie, and we all connected to the Extender Network. That night, we unplugged the Netgear extender, and plugged it back in, but when we connected to the extender network on our phones, it connected, but said "No internet connection".  The extender had all green lights lit, and we have been trying desperately for the past day to get this issue fixed.  Also, we cannot connect to the parent network of the extender network.  Oddly enough, our computer connects to the parent extender network, and when we try to connect to the extender network, it says "No internet connection", but when we run diagnostics, at the end, the wifi connects.  I'm not sure what the issue is, but we can't access the router of the parent wifi network as we don't know where it is (I'm not sure if this is an issue).  Thanks!

Model: EX6120|AC1200 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 5
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: NETGEAR Wifi Extender 6120 Connects but says "No internet Connection"

Hi @Godzilla12345,

Welcome to the community!

1. What is the firmware version of the extender?

2. Did it initially work after you went through the setup?

3. Have you tried resetting the extender?

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 2 of 5
Godzilla12345
Aspirant

Hey Dexter! Thanks for replying! First off, I don’t have he exact firmware, but it is fully updated to date. Second off, yes, initially the extended worked and we connected to it. Lastly, we have tried resetting the extender, and it keeps working in the sense that there is WiFi, it’s just that when we connect to the network, it says “No internet connection”. I’m thinking it might be an issue with a connection to the router, but the WiFi initially worked with the extender so I’m not sure. Thanks!
Message 3 of 5
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Godzilla12345,

Ideally, the extender should be in a location where it still gets a good signal from the main network for it to be able to re-broadcast the Internet connection. Also, when you have your devices connected to the main network, is the Internet connection and wireless signal stable?

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 4 of 5
Godzilla12345
Aspirant

Thanks Dexter! The internet connection isn’t very stable on the original network, either blanking out or just being slow. We are leaving in a day or too, so it isn’t that much of an issue anymore.
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7