× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Netgear AC1750 (EX6250)

vondoom2
Tutor

Netgear AC1750 (EX6250)

Question. I purchased the the Netgear AC1750 WiFi Mesh Extender thinking that I would be setting up a Mesh System. But when I started configuring, it came up as NETGEAR_EXT which was how my wifi Range extender came up. Difference is I could do more than one wifi (2.4 and 5 GHz). So my question is is there a difference between a Mesh System (example, Nighthawk Dual Band Wifi Mesh System - AX1800) and my wifi Mesh Extender? And if so how different, other than cost that's a given, performance wise?
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

What firmware is on the EX6250? I know the V1 of the EX6250 had the mesh functions added in with firmware upgrades. 

Make sure you're on the latest firmware, then factory reset it. connect to the netgear_ext address and run through the setup leaving the "one ssid" function enabled. that's the mesh feature. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
plemans
Guru

What firmware is on the EX6250? I know the V1 of the EX6250 had the mesh functions added in with firmware upgrades. 

Make sure you're on the latest firmware, then factory reset it. connect to the netgear_ext address and run through the setup leaving the "one ssid" function enabled. that's the mesh feature. 

Message 2 of 3
vondoom2
Tutor

Thank you for that. I totally spaced when setting it up before when it asked to keep as one Network name and I chose no. I had to factory reset it like you said and then from there I had to use the Nighthawk app to set it up. Thanks again.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7