× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Network interference error on Samsung Smart TV

spleenlessdemas
Aspirant

Network interference error on Samsung Smart TV

I have a Samsung Smart TV and I'm trying to use my applications (Netflix, HBO Go, etc.), however, when I select them with my Samsung remote I get an error that says something like "Cannot complete due to network interference".

I have also noticed that when I try testing the TV network settings it fails when it reaches the "Gateway ping" test. I have to think these two are related.

I have tried changing my channel in my internet settings from auto to 1, 6 and 11. I have tried matching the IP address on my TV with my IP address in the Netgear router settings. What else can I try? I'm at a complete loss and really would love my Netflix back (otherwise, why pay for it?)

Thanks in advance for any help.

Message 1 of 6
doraemon
Prodigy

Re: Network interference error on Samsung Smart TV

hi,

first thing comes to my mind would be interference. the extender might not be getting good enough reception from the router. did you get this problem before? have tried connecting your tv to the router's signal and will u get the same result? this is just for isolation purposes. when you say match the ip address, i would like to make it clear that you're not copying the exact ip of the router to the tv, right? i mean it has to be unique ip address but it's the same rage that your router is using.

example:
router's ip - 192.168.1.1
tv's ip - 192.168.1.2

another suggestion is to try to try netflix from one of your handheld devices such as phones/tablets/laptops. run netflix in the same exact room/place where your tv is. let's just see whether if it's an app issue on the tv or could be something else
Message 2 of 6
VE6CGX
Master

Hi,
You don't use inSSIDer or Acrylic WiFi scanner to survey your neighborhood WiFi environment? Use one of this
utility to find best channel for you.
Message 3 of 6
spleenlessdemas
Aspirant

I figured it out! I had to go into my router settings, advanced, and then to "wireless AP" on the side, then select "enable access point mode" and apply. Thanks to those who replied!

Message 4 of 6
scruz007
Aspirant

I'm experiencing the same issues.... except I'm not advanced and have no idea where my router settings are. It doesn't come up online. is it on the actual hardware or my TV? I have a samsung 7000 model.

thanks!

Message 5 of 6
nhann
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi scruz007,

Which NETGEAR router product are you using?

You can connect your computer to the router's WiFi.
Open up an internet browser, then login to routerlogin.net (or enter in your browser: 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1).
Then please proceed with the steps described above

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7