× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk X6S Firmware Downgrade?

Nighthawk X6S Firmware Downgrade?

Does anyone know if it is possible to downgrade the X6S firmware? I've tried downloading the old versions of the firmware from the netgear website, but when I attempt the downgrade through the web interface I get:

"This firmware file is incorrect! Please get the firmware file again and make sure it is the correct firmware for this product."

This is with trying to downgrade to EX8000-V1.0.0.118.zip rather than the current release.

Thanks for any thoughts!

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 6
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @malandraeliott,

Welcome to the community!

If the model number of the device that you are looking to downgrade to a different firmware is the R8000 and not the EX8000 then you may find the previous firmware versions on this link.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 2 of 6

Hi Dexter - thanks for looking at this thread too 🙂

I think I was unclear on the previous post - the model I'm trying to downgrade is the EX8000 X6S WiFi range extender

I've tried downgrading to .118 via the firmware from this page:

https://kb.netgear.com/000054450/EX8000-Firmware-Version-1-0-0-118

I've tried this after a factory reset, via Safari on two different Macs (both running the most recent version of their operating systems) and on Firefox (most recent release). In each case, I get the error I mentioned.

Anything else I can try?

Model: EX8000|AC3000 Nighthawk X6S Tri Band WiFi Range Extender
Message 3 of 6
flyturbo
Apprentice

@malandraeliott wrote:

Hi Dexter - thanks for looking at this thread too 🙂

I think I was unclear on the previous post - the model I'm trying to downgrade is the EX8000 X6S WiFi range extender

I've tried downgrading to .118 via the firmware from this page:

https://kb.netgear.com/000054450/EX8000-Firmware-Version-1-0-0-118

I've tried this after a factory reset, via Safari on two different Macs (both running the most recent version of their operating systems) and on Firefox (most recent release). In each case, I get the error I mentioned.

Anything else I can try?

Its not that you were unclear, it becuase you posted the wrong model in your initial question.

That bieng siad, can someone please post instruction on how to downgrade the firmware?

Model: EX8000|AC3000 Nighthawk X6S Tri Band WiFi Range Extender
Message 4 of 6
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @flyturbo,

I have responded to your question on this thread.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 5 of 6
flyturbo
Apprentice

This is the error I get when trying to downgrade the firmware to EX8000-V1.0.0.118.zip;

This firmware file is incorrect! Please get the firmware file again and make sure it is the correct firmware for this product

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7