× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R6300 with access point -- port isolation question

ddantes
Aspirant

R6300 with access point -- port isolation question

My guest wireless network area is located far from the office with the R6300 router, so a wired access point from the router is required for guest access. My office network is connected to other ethernet ports on the router. With this configuration, is there a way to isolate the guest wireless network from my office network? I believe there is a feature which isolates a wireless network from the ethernet LAN, but in this situation, a wired ethernet connection is required in order for the guests to have a signal.
Message 1 of 9
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

diagram the network connectivity
Message 2 of 9
ddantes
Aspirant

Message 3 of 9
ddantes
Aspirant

I inserted an image some time ago, but I don't see it in the post. So here is a link to that image (a network connectivity diagram) --http://mauitradewinds.com/Network.jpg
Message 4 of 9
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

learn how to post at lower resolution when embed on thread
Message 5 of 9
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Wireless isolation feature is used to isolate but some time it looses internet while it isolates it.

6300 is set to use in AP mode?

and you have three subnet

192.168.1.x
192.168.2.x
192.168.3.x
Message 6 of 9
ddantes
Aspirant

I apologize for the resolution of the network diagram. I have not configured the R6300 yet. I was concerned, if I used AP Isolation, that the R6300 would lose connection with the WRT54GL. Perhaps I could connect a LAN port of the WRT54GL to the WAN port of the R6300 instead of using a LAN port on the R6300. I would appreciate any recommendation.
Message 7 of 9
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

AP mode in the router feature uses internet port or use tradition AP setup uses LAN to LAN

if you are going to use for mostly in guest AP mode could hinder the guest usage.

r6300 is for guest only? then look at guestgate.com
Message 8 of 9
ddantes
Aspirant

Thank you, I will look into that.
Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation