× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Using ReadySHARE print feature w iPad

Greta_esq
Aspirant

Using ReadySHARE print feature w iPad

Is it possible to "airprint" from iPad & iPhone over the wifi?

I've successfully set up ReadySHARE and printed from iMac, but iPad isn't recognizing printer (and is wifi connected thru EXT)

Thanks in advance for any wisdom.

Message 1 of 9
Fairytail
Virtuoso

Re: Using ReadySHARE print feature w iPad

Here is a link on how to configure airprint.

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/20913
Message 2 of 9
Greta_esq
Aspirant

Thnx minions08.

Not printing w IOS devices, yet. Therefore, another piece of your advice is requested, please!

Per instructions, I opened & downloaded the Genie onto iMac, and both my iPhone & iPad (both IOS 7...) are now reading the airprint availability of my printer; but nothing happens (printer ready & working fine).

THIS is what Genie is saying:

"NETGEAR router is not found or is not supported. Also make sure the device is not connected to the guest network of the router, and no IPv6 is enabled."

The NETGEAR router prints from iMac, so we know this router is supported and "found"!
I have tried iMac connected to both original __ and __GEXT2 networks; extender is operating on __GEXT2.
As far as I know, I do not have a "guest" network.
I test as an IPv4 address, not v6.

Your guidance is enthusiastically welcome!!

Thank you!
Greta
Message 3 of 9
Greta_esq
Aspirant

Minions08, I have repeated steps w Genie, and this same warning note continues to interfere w successful airprint :confused:

[QUOTE=Greta_esq;481551]

"NETGEAR router is not found or is not supported. Also make sure the device is not connected to the guest network of the router, and no IPv6 is enabled."

Thanks in advance.
Message 4 of 9
Frustrage
Aspirant

I too am lost in the ReadyShare AirPrint maze. The screen shot shown of NetGear Genie does not look what I see with the NG Genie on either my iMac or my iPad. There is no airprint option. Under ReadyShare, I again do not see the features available in the example shown. I did verify that my router does support ReadyShare / AirPrint (I am so confused now as to which one I should be using). It appears on the list available on webpage that displays the NG Genie screen shot.
Support has been nil-darn I suffered too long and am now out of the service realm.
So I will continue to haunt this forum hoping someone will read this and tell me how to get the same version of NG Genie as is shown.
Message 5 of 9
Frustrage
Aspirant

Update: Aha, even though I remember updating the software, apparently not as recently as I had thought. Did so. Great same screen as the directions screen. However, not printing from iPad. Did verify printer was working from iMac. Used AirPrint setting to select the printer. Verified we were all singing on the same set of IP addresses. The router found the printer, the printer found the router. But still not printing. Refresed, reset, rechecked. But still no printing.

From the iPad I am able to select the printer. But, after clicking on Print-all is quiet on the printing front. Would a recent update to iOS 8.0.2 be a factor?
Closed down and restarted iPad. Am about to do the same with the iMac-but if the router sees the printer and the printer sees the router and the iPad sees the printer and the router sees the iPad?????
Message 6 of 9
Howl3r
Aspirant

I know this is a thread from October 2014, but I am suffering from the same issue. I will try to get it working today, and was wondering if any others had pointers.

I have a n750 router, Epson printer wifi enabled/wired capable/usb possible ( 😞 find the cord), and scads of Apple phones.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Message 7 of 9
harvardroger
Aspirant

Ran into this also with my iPad. The PC you sync your iPad with needs to be on and have the PC version of Genie running in the background.
Message 8 of 9
Fairytail
Virtuoso

When printing on your iPads or iPhones via Airprint, make use that the computer where the Genie is running is turned on and make sure to update the iTunes and adobe reader.
Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7