× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Virgin Media Changed my hub to 3 and now can't connect Netgear WN3000RP to hub to extend WiFi

LOBmeister69
Aspirant

Virgin Media Changed my hub to 3 and now can't connect Netgear WN3000RP to hub to extend WiFi

Have a Netgear Wifi Range Extender WN3000RP  V1H2 which has been working well for years to extend my WiFi from my Virgin Media Hub.

Virgin Media just upgraded my hub to version 3.0 but now the extender will not work properly.

Did a factory reset then followed Netgear YouTube instructions to re-setup.  Tried a few times but left with a flashing amber connection light and then nothing.

Virgin Media say the new hub is broadcasting the same signal as the old one but after now five attempts I'm stuck.

Any ideas or are they incompatable? 

Model: WN3000RP|Universal WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 4
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Virgin Media Changed my hub to 3 and now can't connect Netgear WN3000RP to hub to extend WiFi

Hi @LOBmeister69,

Welcome to the community!

1. What is the firmware version of the extender?

2. The extender should be compatible with your new router.

3. Have you tried bringing the extender closer to the router during setup?

4. You may check the installation guide here.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 2 of 4
LOBmeister69
Aspirant

Re: Virgin Media Changed my hub to 3 and now can't connect Netgear WN3000RP to hub to extend WiFi

Hi Dexter,

Thanks for the reply.

Had tried all those things but have done so again with them inches apart. It so nearly works, they seem to nearly connect and then stop.  The hob gives up, switches of the link set-up and then the netgear flashes like made and gives up too.

After the model number there is V1H2 is that the number you're after?

Message 3 of 4
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @LOBmeister69,

I have sent you a message. Please check your inbox.

Regards,

Dexter
Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7