× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: WN3000RP Daisy Chain

liquifusionv
Aspirant

WN3000RP Daisy Chain

Hi All, new to this forum so please be gentle 🙂

I been using Netgear products for the past 10 years and been pretty happy with the products.
Have been using dg834pn, dg834g, dg834gt (with custom firmware) and now switching over to wndr3700v2.

I am getting BT infinity installed and since the speeds are quick enough to share my link with my neighbour.

I know the repeating a repeater will cut speeds a further half but my BT infinity speeds shouldn't be affected, or wouldn't notice the difference.

I purchased the WN3000RP yesterday and can get it to happily work with my router, but when I try to connect a second WN3000RP to connect to the first WN3000RP wireless it's doesn't like it.

The WN3000RP would connect from the second to the first, pick up and IP address but then wouldn't let anything connect to it, nor would it pick up an internet connection from the router. (the second extender wouldn't be able to ping the router address 192.168.1.1).

I've tried manually assigning it a static IP address with the default gateway as 192.168.1.1 but the second repeater wouldn't be able to get a DHCP address from the router.

Does Netgear allow for repeaters to connect to repeaters?
Are there any documentation for the WN3000RP to be daisy chained?

Thanks
Message 1 of 3
ShinyF1
Aspirant

If you are still using the BT HH3 router that comes with Infinity that is your problem. It doesn't like the mix of wired and wireless if you implement range extending: something to do with remembering MAC addresses and locking them out
Message 2 of 3
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

This is already discussed with people can not make 2nd unit to connect to 1st extender.. not sure the reason.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7