× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: WN3000RP will not connect to mywifiext.net

Omuro
Aspirant

WN3000RP will not connect to mywifiext.net

I purchase the WN3000RP wifi extender and the initial connection setup happen without problems, I used the existing network name as well the password everything seemed OK but when I verify at my wifiedT.net it says "you are not connected to your wifi extender network" please help! Thank You 

Message 1 of 10
Babylon5
NETGEAR Employee Retired

That message (which is Internet based) usually means that whatever device you are using to attempt to access the extender admin pages, is currently wirelessly associated with another access point (typically the base station).

Message 2 of 10
Omuro
Aspirant

Babylon5; thank you for your input in my dilemma-solving efforts, I know that you want to help me and I will say to begin that I didn't understand what it means "base" after I connected the range extender into the wall electrical outlet and connected it (two green lights came on) as I understand one is the extender is connected to the router and the other one you are connected to your device, then that means I'm connected also my smart tvs Netflix doesn't buffer anymore but the mywifiext.net says "you are not connected to your extender network" please help me understand what is in reality going on (please forgive my ignorance, I a computer illiterate) thank you! HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Message 3 of 10
Omuro
Aspirant

... Will I need to update the firmware? Just thinking!

Message 4 of 10
Babylon5
NETGEAR Employee Retired

The ‘Base Station’ is a common name for the device that the wireless extender connects to, typically this will be a wireless router as in your case.

The URL www.mywifiext.net will be intercepted by the extender and provide log-in to the extender admin pages, but this will only work if the computer is connected to the extender.

If the computer is not connected to the extender, most likely it is connected to the base station (router), then the router will pass on the URL request, and you will see that Internet based web page that you described.

So, to make use of the www.mywifiext.net first make sure that your wireless device is connected to the extender wireless and not the router wireless.

Message 5 of 10
Omuro
Aspirant

HI! Anda. Thank You for your continued interest in helping me get this issue resolved. Now the question is how do I know if my iPad is connected to the extender or the router because I kept the same name of the base network to the new extender network. And as I said the extender has two green lights one is supposed to be saying that the extender is connected to the router and the other one the extender is connected to the wireless device my iPad. Is this what is happening I'm connected to extender even that the mywifiedt.net says that I'm NOT connected? If I don't confuse you please explain me as of what is happening I'm I connected or NOT to the extender network? Thank You.

Message 6 of 10
Babylon5
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Sorry but I’m not familiar enough with the iPad to tell you how to determine which AP it is connected to. You should be able to tell from the MAC address of the device that the iPad is connected to, but I don’t know if the iPad provides this information.

Message 7 of 10
Omuro
Aspirant

Happy New Year! Andy, the new year brought me Much good luck because I have been trying for almost a week and this morning like magic ITS A Connection. I'm convinced. What I did Asked my caretaker to plug the extender further away from my bed 8 feet before it was right next to my bed 2 feet. I'm very happy with the new year. Thank You Andy for all your efforts. HAPPY 2016 to You.

Message 8 of 10
Omuro
Aspirant

I meant to say CONNECTED not CONVINCED 

Message 9 of 10
Babylon5
NETGEAR Employee Retired

That’s good news.

The position of the extender between the base station (router) and client (your computer) is important, it requires a compromise between a good connection to the base station and a good connection to the client, if it’s very good for one then it’s likely to be poor for the other. Unfortunately finding the optimum position can be a tricky trial-and-error exercise.

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7