× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WN3000RP with Fios M1424-WR Rev. D Router

solimeo
Aspirant

WN3000RP with Fios M1424-WR Rev. D Router

I am having problems setting up my WN3000RP with my FIOS M1424WR router. The network with the _XT shows up in the wireless network on my laptop, but I can't connect to it to get into the browser to access mywifitext.net to set up the extender.

When I enter the password from the FIOS router to connect, it tells me that the passphrase is incorrect. Should I be entering "password" at this point to access the network to be able to access the internet to use mywifitext.net ?

The extender is plugged in, and I have the green LED Status light and the network says the signal strength is excellent.

What am I missing ?
Message 1 of 6
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: WN3000RP with Fios M1424-WR Rev. D Router

For first time setup, plug it in, then connect it to your computer (not your router) via a WIRED connection. Open your browser, then try to go to mywifiext.net. It should prompt you for a User Name ("admin", all lowercase) and Password ("password", all lowercase). If you are using Internet Explorer and it seems to hang, then use either Chrome or Firefox. It should then start the setup wizard. The first step involves selecting your network and inputting your network password.
Message 2 of 6
solimeo
Aspirant

Thanks for the help !

I now have the extender set up and I can connect to it from my laptop and my I-phone. I am having problems, however hooking up to a Polaroid Tablet. The tablet can connect to the network for the router, but when I try to connect to the extender network, it keeps trying to find the IP address and never comes up to the screen where I can enter the password for the network.

Like I said, I can connect to both the router and extender networks from my laptop and my phone. I can see the extender network from the tablet, but when I try to connect, it chooses it but keeps searching for the IP address.

Do you have any ideas on this problem ?
Message 3 of 6
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Try deleting the old saved connections on the tablet for both your main network and the extender, then again attempt to connect to the extender.

If that doesn't do it....delete connections, reboot router and extender, then attempt again.

Also....I don't know if I can repeat this enough....make sure you have the latest firmware installed on your extender.
Message 4 of 6
watcher
Aspirant

solimeo wrote:
Thanks for the help !

I now have the extender set up and I can connect to it from my laptop and my I-phone. I am having problems, however hooking up to a Polaroid Tablet. The tablet can connect to the network for the router, but when I try to connect to the extender network, it keeps trying to find the IP address and never comes up to the screen where I can enter the password for the network.

Like I said, I can connect to both the router and extender networks from my laptop and my phone. I can see the extender network from the tablet, but when I try to connect, it chooses it but keeps searching for the IP address.

Do you have any ideas on this problem ?

I have a cliue but I am not sure why it is doing it.. I am having the same issue. If often get messages on computer also saying dupicate IP address.
The AP is doing a proxy arp the dhcp server see's the real mac address for some reason. The computer thinks the IP address is in use and searches again for a good IP address and repeats the cycle. One of my other pc's just cycles never getting IP address and but dhcp server see's the request.

I think the extender may not be passing the information to the otheer side. Hmm. now I got to go put a sniffer on that side lol.. But I won't be able to do that for a few days... ah such a busy life.. 😄

Just as a point of note I am connected to a Brocade wireless AP from my extender. And why does the extender have to proxy arp? I dunno!!!!
Message 5 of 6
solimeo
Aspirant

It's Working !!!

Thanks to PigVomit for the suggestion to delete the existing networks and attempt to reconnect to them.

Seems like everything is working fine now.

Thanks Again
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7