× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WN3000RPv2 with a CCTV

drjorde
Aspirant

WN3000RPv2 with a CCTV

I have an Anran CCTV security system that has weak WIFI signals to it's router. How do I set up the Netgear WIFI extender when I don't have a WPS switch on that router? Will this even work to improve the WIFI signals from 4 cameras?

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: WN3000RPv2 with a CCTV

Hi @drjorde,

Welcome to the community!

WPS is only one method of setting up a NETGEAR extender and you can also install it manually. You can check the user manual of the extender that you are considering. Extenders are designed to function to repeat the wireless signal from the main router and should help in extending the wireless network to dead spots or areas where signal is weak.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6

All Replies
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @drjorde,

Welcome to the community!

WPS is only one method of setting up a NETGEAR extender and you can also install it manually. You can check the user manual of the extender that you are considering. Extenders are designed to function to repeat the wireless signal from the main router and should help in extending the wireless network to dead spots or areas where signal is weak.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 2 of 6
drjorde
Aspirant

I don't think you understood the problem. I have 4 wireless cameras that have a weak WIFI signal to the Anran Router. That router provides a HDMI output for a monitor screen and a wired signal to the Internet Router so I may see it on my Cell phone anywhere in the world. The Anran Router does not have a WPS button. So will this device boost the signals of all 4 cameras so the Anran Router will see them?

Message 3 of 6
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @drjorde,

1. No, the extender will not boost the signal of the 4 cameras.

2. Do the cameras have to be directly connected to the WiFi of the Anran router or can they be connected to an extender that is also part of the network?

3. If the cameras can be connected to an extender under the same network, then an extender setup between the Anran router and the cameras may help out so that the cameras connect to the extender instead.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 4 of 6
drjorde
Aspirant

The cameras link up with the Anran Router which has the 1TB HD and the software for the security system. From there, a HDMI cable allows a local monitor that you can see all 4 zones. That same router has a Cat5 connection to the Ubee router that Spectrum provides and that allows me to see it on my smart phone, anywhere in the world. Unfortunately, this failure has happened now, my place was burglarized two nights ago and I did not get it on the hard drive due to signal failure. So now I am out another couple thousand dollars. Needless to say I am pissed and don't know what to do next to protect my property.

Message 5 of 6
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @drjorde,

I recommend contacting support for your Anran system to confirm if the cameras can be connected to an extender and check for their best recommendation.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7