× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: WNHD3004 Wifi 802.11b/g not existing?

shadow84
Aspirant

WNHD3004 Wifi 802.11b/g not existing?

Dear all,

Has someone an idea if we can request netgear to get a firmware allowing to get 802.11b/g for on the super WNHD3004 Access point?
I am badly supprised I cannot connect some of my old devices only supporting this norm! (WNHD3004 only provides 802.11a/n)
Can some help me ?

Thanks very much in advance ! 😄

And Happy new year to all of you! 😉
Message 1 of 6
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

under 20Mhz it will do support single channel so it may work but you need to contact support with your issues.
Message 2 of 6
shadow84
Aspirant

Hi June!
Thanks for quick reply! and thanks by the way for your Troubleshooting_IKE_VPN on your site ... quite interesting for another pb that I got.
(Both of them are related to iphone 3GS connection: Wifi b/g only available and VPN IPSec connection without anything going throught...)

Do you have any experience s.o. requesting such kind of thing to Netgear support before? (with successful feedback?)

CU 😉
Message 3 of 6
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

iPhone are on vpn are only work with latest Prosafe and Prosecure models.

I missed actual issues you are having meaning probably you have issues with existing AP that can not work with VPN router you already have?
Message 4 of 6
shadow84
Aspirant

Oups sorry Yep... I took some short cuts... I just meant that all my pb are related to my b**** old iPhone 3GS.
Yes you are right my iPhone VPN is not working with my prosafe router (FVS318G). Just wanted to say thanks for your troubleshouting post on your site.

I was just wondering if I can expect from Netgear Support or should I return my WNHD3004 and just buy a new device... Do you have any experience s.o. requesting such kind of thing to Netgear support before?
Message 5 of 6
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

I would go with proafe AP rather consumer eve.

wnda360 ( i maybe off on modle#) but this prosafe AP is dual band and poe with external antenna..
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7