× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: WiFi extenders compatible with Vodafone Hub

Winetime
Follower

WiFi extenders compatible with Vodafone Hub

Hi I am having issues finding a WiFi extender that works with my new Vodafone Hub! They all worked previously with my Sky Hub but since changing providers no joy. Have spoken with Vodafone and they say their routers fine it’s a problem with my extenders but from looking online I see a lot of people with the same issues but no one has found a resolve? Extenders connect to network and show up as .ext connection but when you attempt to connect the signal drops off and wrong password message is displayed!!
Message 1 of 24
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Winetime, what is the model of your NETGEAR extender? Are you able to complete the setup without any issue?

Dexter 

Message 2 of 24
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Winetime, I would like to follow up and check if you are still experiencing the issue.

Dexter

Message 3 of 24
Bg2020
Tutor

We are having this exact problem since switching to Vodafone. The extender worked fine with the old TalkTalk router. The extender is the 32000 model. I think. Anyone got any ideas to help us? Thanks
Message 4 of 24
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Bg2020, please provide the exact model number of the extender. Also, have you gone through resetting the extender and setting it up with your new router? Are you encountering any error message during the process?

Dexter

Message 5 of 24
Bg2020
Tutor

Hi Dexter thanks so much for replying. The model is N300 EX700.
We have tried setting it up again (numerous times) and although it appears to work and we can see the new WiFi (_EXT) as an available network none of our devices can connect to it. We just get the incorrect password error. We are using the correct password. I have also tried splitting the WiFi on the main router but this did not help, same error. Any help or recommendations of extenders compatible with Vodafone router much appreciated. Especially as my children will be at home full time from Monday as all the schools are closing!
Message 6 of 24
QuiteFrankey
Aspirant

I'm having the same problem. Just switched from BT to Vodafone router. The extender sets up the _ext Wi-Fi but I can't connect to it. 'Password incorrect'. Have tried resetting the extender several times.
Model: EX2700|N300 WiFi Range Extender Essentials Edition
Message 7 of 24
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi all, apologies for the delayed response. If the setup process completes successfully, please try accessing the web UI of the extender via the assigned IP from the router. Once on the extender UI, please make sure that the password saved is correct or have it modified and see if the devices will connect.

Dexter

Message 8 of 24
CalmWraith
Aspirant

Sorry. What? I'm having the same problem. Could you give that answer again in layman's terms?

Thanks

Paddy

Message 9 of 24
R0dn3y
Tutor

Yesterday started to use Vodafone hub and cannot get the extender to work, like a few other users, what it the solution?

Message 10 of 24
Bg2020
Tutor

Solution for me was to buy a new extender! Works fine now. Not sure if that Netgear one just doesn’t work with dual band routers?
Message 11 of 24
R0dn3y
Tutor

Thank you what extender did you buy, if you don't mind me asking

Message 12 of 24
daniellab
Tutor

Hello,

I have the same issue - connecting to the extender gives an incorrect password error message. Password is correct.

Ive gone into the vodafone router's mac settings and have enabled the mac address of the extender - so the router is connecting to vodafones router fine.

I cant get into the UI of the exender as you have to connect to the externder - which obviously I cant as it wont connect! Ive tried connecting via cable from the extender to the router - but i still get an invalid password when trying to connect to the extender via wifi. Very frustrating!

Any advice @DexterJB ? Thanks!

Message 13 of 24
Bg2020
Tutor

I bought this extender(see pic) and it works for us. Gave up on the old one. Good luck all, hope you find a solution.
Message 14 of 24
R0dn3y
Tutor

Thank you very much, I'll save up my pennies and buy one 🙂 

Message 15 of 24
daniellab
Tutor

Finally got this working last night!

I did a full factory reset to the extender - holding a pin in the reset button (at the bottom of the extender) for at least 15 seconds. When it booted up, the NETGEAR_EXT was available in the WIFI list of my computer. I selected the NETGEAR_EXT wifi option (didnt have to input a pw)  and then I followed the CONECT WITH WEB BROWSER instructions where it took me through a simple step by step process on connecting the extender up to my router and storing the password correctly. I can now connect to the extender successfully.

I think the extender was holding onto the previous routers name.

Hope this helps and you dont need to purchase a new extender!

Message 16 of 24
R0dn3y
Tutor

Well done, mine works now, thanks for your help

Message 17 of 24
Squashman
Aspirant

YESSS it worked, you are a star. Thanks

Message 18 of 24
Vicks45
Aspirant

Good evening- I have brought a netgear ac1200 dual band WiFi extender- I can see everyone has the same problem with passwords saying Incorrect - I’m actually going crazy! I’ve tried rebooting and reset and still asking me for password! Is it me or does it just not work with vodaphone??
Please help!
Message 19 of 24
MrsCMH
Aspirant

We have the same problem of incompatibility with Vodafone hub. The extender sets up two SSIDs netgear_ext2 and _ext5 but when you click on them it asks for a password. It does not recognise the routers password. So I need to get into the extender to change the password, but I can't as the my wifi extender.net and corresponding IP address don't work.

I think it is because the Vodafone hub gives out dynamic IP addresses up to 192.168.1.200 which is a problem as the wifi extender wants to be on 192.168.1.250 so we can access the login portal of the extender to login and change settings. The extender seems to have been given 192.168.1.164. 

how can I log into the extender to change the password?

Model: EX6120|AC1200 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender
Message 20 of 24
dunc1234
Aspirant

what a bloody agro to setup with vodaphone, netgear should be ashamed for not posting this fix.  how i sorted it, make  the connection with wps so the extender shows on your network connections  if you haven't done already.  now log in to vodaphone router, .  go to overview in router look for the extender and note the ip address, mine was 192.168.1.102 but yours may well be different. open a new tab and enter the ip address in to the address bar, this will log you in to the network extender. enter admin for username and password  for the pasword, fro there you can see what the actual password is, bloody long it is, change it to a simple password you can remember, apply and your done. log on to vodaphone ext and enter the password you just set in the extender. Lastly if you get in a mess you can put the extender and the router (if necessary) back to factory settings by inserting a straightend paperclip in the reset hole, the pressure switch just inside the hole needs to be depressed for at least 10 seconds whilst the power is on to reset them. hope this helps.

Lastly if it doesn't work try adding mac filter, go in to expert mode, turn on mac filter and add all devices and see if that works

Message 21 of 24
Ben8894
Aspirant

Hello we have just joined Vodafone and have bought 2 range extenders and have tried everything to connect them to no avail why is it so hard to connect them to WiFi router everyone is having same issue yet on the box for booster it says Will work with any router urm no it doesn't can anyone please help me in layman's terms not this ip and mac speal????
Message 22 of 24
P065088F
Aspirant

Thank you for posting this. Managed to get mine connected now. Top girl 👍

Message 23 of 24
daniellab
Tutor

You are welcome!

Message 24 of 24
Top Contributors