× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: bad performance on 5GHz

dweeb
Follower

bad performance on 5GHz

i have the option for the 2.4 or 5ghz on the WN2500 connected to the DGND3300 v2

but I cannot play video off the web on 5ghz, but can play with no issue at 2.4ghz

the extender has full signals, it's just close by etc etc

can someone explain this to me because im confused. Isn't the 5ghz band the reason i bought this whole setup?
Message 1 of 5
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Isn't the 5ghz band the reason i bought this whole setup?

it's an options only. 2.4Ghz will always have better range. This is basic frequency characteristics between 2.4Ghz and 5ghz.

Now not sure if you 5Ghz N band supported wifi adatepr or 5Ghz 54mbps band supported wifi adapter

802.11a/b/G - 5ghz/54Mbs and 2.4ghz/54Mbps
802.11a/b/G/N- 5Ghz/300Mbps and 2.4Ghz/300Mbps

usually if your wifi adatper specs out 2nd one will be dual band with both supports 300Mbps.

If you have some old legacy wifi adatper, you may able to connect at 54Mbps on 5Ghz which you may seen slowness on streaming...
Message 2 of 5
dweeb
Follower

ok this is not old legacy stuff, the extender as I said is the WNR2500 and the modem/router is dual band DGND3300v2

and the devices are ipads and apple tv

the extender is close to where we sit.
Message 3 of 5
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

and the devices are ipads and apple tv

both still can use both bands. I would use 2.4Ghz instead and contact support at my.netgear.com
Message 4 of 5
karmawy
Aspirant

From my experinace, the iphone 4s and the ipad 2 works with 2.4 GHz. Although the ipad 2 can recognise both signals , Only the 2.4 worked. :confused::confused::confused:

And I think that the iPhone 5 and the New ipad can run on both signals.
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7