× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

range extenders for R6020 — AC750 Dual Band WiFi Router to extend a distance of 120metres

Ringtree
Follower

range extenders for R6020 — AC750 Dual Band WiFi Router to extend a distance of 120metres

I live on a farm and wish to extent the range of my wifi signal to reach the workshop which is located approximately 120m from my existing router located in my house. which of netgears extenders would suit this application

Model: R6020|AC750 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: range extenders for R6020 — AC750 Dual Band WiFi Router to extend a distance of 120metres

120m=360ft. A standard extender won't reach that far. Or if it does, is going to have a signal that's pretty much useless. Even if you had one mounted to the outside of the home and one on the outside of the shed. 

Even running a line is to far as an ethernet run only goes 100m. 

You're options?

1. a point to point system like netgear airbridge

2. a series of steps. so a extender on the outside of the home, then one in the middle, then one on the shed.  It might work but the latency will be high and the speeds low as standard extenders cut speed in half for each jump. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7