× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: wireless printing

fiona123
Follower

wireless printing

I have just replaced an apple router (died) with wndr3400.
Apple os x 10.6 desk works fine, wife's laptop works fine except laptop won't print wireless HELP??!!
Message 1 of 4
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Look for a wireless isolation option in your router setup make sure it is not enabled
Message 2 of 4
fordem
Mentor

You do realise that we don't have the slightest clue what sort of printer you have and/or how it connects to your network - you haven't told us.

One of the most common reasons why network printing (wired or wireless) fails when a router is replaced, is that the new router does not use the same ip network range as the old one, so the computer is trying to print to a printer that is no longer at the same address.

Now - how about providing us with some more details so that we can offer a solution rather than just guessing.
Message 3 of 4
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

I have just replaced an apple router (died) with wndr3400.

APPPLE extreme base station has USB printer sever therefore with 3400 support USB HDD so could be one possibilites I may add while we need to find out from the OP if this is true or simple wireless isolation :):)
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7