× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

Can't reach web portal

Scirocco16V
Guide

Can't reach web portal

I just took a new WAC720 out of the box, plugged it in, and tried to access the management interface. Chrome says: "This site can’t be reached. The webpage at https://192.168.7.30/ might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address. ERR_SSL_BAD_RECORD_MAC_ALERT." IE gives a similar error. The network has a DHCP server which assigned the IP to the AP. A port scan shows the AP on that IP and that it has HTTPS open. I can connect to the AP's Wi-Fi, but still get the same error when trying to connect to the web console.

Please help. Thanks.

Model: WAC720|2x2 Wireless-AC Access Points
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
Scirocco16V
Guide

Re: Can't reach web portal

I finally got into it. I got a laptop and connected it directly to the AP with cat5 & set the laptop's IP to be on 192.168.0.x. Then the web portal loaded without problems. The AP had the 3.1.1.0 firmware. I updated the firmware to the newest, configured it with static IPs, and it seems to be working fine now.

Only 2 complaints:

1) You have to be the same subnet to access the management interface. I have it in 192.168.9.x & would like to be able to manage it from 192.168.7.x.

2) The NTP client doesn't like using Windows Servers as time sources; the date changed to something in May & when I use the default netgear NTP it doesn't recognize daylight savings time.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 8

All Replies
nmhTester
NETGEAR Expert

Hi Scirocco16V

Thank you for reporting  this.

What are chrome browser and IE versions ? Can you try on a different browser say firefox?

Just to be also sure, nothing wrong on network side, Could you  ssh using putty to your AP @ 192.168.7.30 

Reference :

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/chrome/qGMW8ozk0iI

https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=260358

Message 2 of 8
Scirocco16V
Guide

Chrome 53.0.2785.116 m

IE 11.589.10586.0 Update Versions 11.0.35 - I get the "There is a problem with this website's security certificate" page, I click to continue to the website, then get "This page can't be displayed".

Firefox 33.1.1 - error: "Unable to connect - Firefox can't establish a connection to the server."

I am able to connect and login using putty & SSH, but I don't know how to do anything with it through the CLI.

Message 3 of 8
nmhTester
NETGEAR Expert

on ssh, you  run commands like

get system

get management

get interface

ps

We will know what image is running on your AP.

Message 4 of 8
Scirocco16V
Guide

I finally got into it. I got a laptop and connected it directly to the AP with cat5 & set the laptop's IP to be on 192.168.0.x. Then the web portal loaded without problems. The AP had the 3.1.1.0 firmware. I updated the firmware to the newest, configured it with static IPs, and it seems to be working fine now.

Only 2 complaints:

1) You have to be the same subnet to access the management interface. I have it in 192.168.9.x & would like to be able to manage it from 192.168.7.x.

2) The NTP client doesn't like using Windows Servers as time sources; the date changed to something in May & when I use the default netgear NTP it doesn't recognize daylight savings time.

Message 5 of 8
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

Hi Scirocco16V

Could you please share your network drawing for the complaint 1.

Could you please share details  Windows Servers for  complaint 2

Please share AP config as well.

Thanks

Message 6 of 8
Scirocco16V
Guide

Both complaints have been resolved.

Kaspersky Endpoint Security was blocking the web interface for some reason. When I added the WAP's IP to KES's trusted list, it loaded fine from different subnets.

The time seems to be updating correctly from the Windows Server also now. Not sure what changed there, but it's working.

Thanks for the responces.

Message 7 of 8
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Scirocco16V, 

We are glad to know that the issues were resolved. We encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Thanks,

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements