× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

Netgear wax218- 2.4GHz radio random disabling

jurek224466
Guide

Netgear wax218- 2.4GHz radio random disabling

I have a problem with the Netgear WAX218 router. After switching the channel width to 20MHz / 40MHz, my radio fades to 2.4GHz. When I have the 40MHz channel set my 2.4GHz radio turns off randomly but works fine after a while. The router has the latest version of the system. I added the link https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1KX53Wtq5KmL_5ByiGRmoRHUyWrxszP7o?usp=sharing to the screenshots of my access point settings. Does anyone have an idea for this? I will be grateful for the answers.

Message 1 of 11
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Netgear wax218- 2.4GHz radio random disabling

@jurek224466,

Was everything working fine before? 

Let us try this. Kindly disable 11ax mode then check if the same problem will occur. 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 11
jurek224466
Guide

Hi. I have had such problems for some time. On the 40MHz channel it works fine after turning off the 11ax mode. Now I will test it on the 20MHz / 40MHz setting. I will let you know what and how.

Message 3 of 11
jurek224466
Guide

Niestety w trybie 20MHz / 40MHz radio 2.4GHz nie działa z wyłączonym trybem 802.11ax. Zauważyłem również, że czasami prędkość sieci LAN wynosi 100 Mb / s zamiast 1 Gb. Z reguły jest to 1Gb.

Message 4 of 11
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@jurek224466,

Let us try this.  Perform a factory reset on your WAX218 then reconfigure the settings from scratch.  Observe if the same issue will occur. 

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 5 of 11
jurek224466
Guide

I have already tried restoring the firmware to the factory settings and it did not work. I was also doing a downgrade and it was useless.

Message 6 of 11
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@jurek224466,

This needs further investigation.  I suggest you to open a support ticket with NETGEAR Support here at anytime.  Kindly state that status of your WAX218 and the troubleshooting steps done to isolate the problem as well as you can include a link to this thread. 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 7 of 11
blljybobbyw22
Aspirant

Has this issue been resolved? I am experiencing the same issues with my WAX218.

Message 8 of 11
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@blljybobbyw22,

Found out from the NETGEAR Support Team that you have an ongoing support ticket with them regarding your concern.  You may want to share the progress of it here.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 9 of 11
jurek224466
Guide

Hi. I reported the problem to Support and I have been talking with them for 2 months. I was sending them a config from the device + and I performed Wifi visibility tests on 2.4GHz. At the moment, they are to pick up the devices to be tested by Netgear employees from L3 Support.

Message 10 of 11
jurek224466
Guide

I think I found what's causing the problem. Try to set the static channel to 2.4GHz in your copy, for example on channel 6. I checked it on two devices. One is mine and the other is new and the web is visible. Let me know what the situation is like for you.

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements