× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

Unable to rename the clients connected to my network

vikas1979
Follower

Unable to rename the clients connected to my network

Insight Managed WIFI 6 AX3000 Dual-Band Multi-Gig Poe Wireless Access Point (WAX615)

I am having this device 5 of them for my office but i am facing some issues with it like i am unable to rename the mac addresses of the clients connected with my network so its really hard to identify the clients. i am using insight cloud portal to manage these devices.

Message 1 of 2
schumaku
Guru

Re: Unable to rename the clients connected to my network

A little bit confused what you intend to change here or where. MAC addresses are not editable (either hardware device specific or random MAC used by certain device classes). Don't blame Insight for showing the MAC-like private addresses for the devices using random MAC schemes.

Here an example of what I see from such device classes. Give us an idea what and why about you like to edit certain information.

Client Names vs. MAC Addresses.PNGThese Client names reflected by MAC-like-addresses, like F1-41-C5-xx.xx.xx are provided by the DHCP clients on the mobile clients aking use of random or private MAC address schemes..

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements