× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

WAC510 Firmware 9.5.3.2 SNMP not working

HolgerWolter
Aspirant

WAC510 Firmware 9.5.3.2 SNMP not working

Hi @all,

could some Netgear engineer plz check what happened to the SNMP function in the latest firmware 9.5.3.2 of the WAC510 Access Points:

• none of the OIDs of the corresponding MIB file work (e.g. apName: 1.3.6.1.4.1.4526.100.7.14.1.1)
  • old OIDs don't work either
  • standard OIDs like .1.3.6.1.2.1.1.5 (sysName) work
  • additional: MIB file has a syntax error (missing "," in line 526)

As long as there is no solution to this issue, plz let me know which is the latest firmware with full functional SNMP support?

Thx

Holger

Model: WAC510 Insight Managed Access Point
Message 1 of 4
schumaku
Guru

Re: WAC510 Firmware 9.5.3.2 SNMP not working

Well, it's essentially working - "just" the vendor private OID are no (or no longer) available. Similar limitation exists on the other WAC5xx newer WAX6xx. @YeZ can we please have an update on this subject please'

Message 2 of 4
HolgerWolter
Aspirant

Thanks for the answer!

...maybe I should have called the topic: WAC510 Firmware 9.5.3.2 SNMP not working as supposed to 😉

The real problem is, that (as far as I figured out) even the old firmware-versions do not fully support those vendor OIDs of the corresponding MIB file. E.g. there is no firmware (or I could't find it), wich support the stationListTable OID (.1.3.6.1.4.1.4526.100.7.14.8.1) althought it's mentioned in every MIB file. (side note: in Germany this is very important feature: if you open your WLAN to guests it's important to log this, so that you can credibly claim that identifyable devices had connection to your network at a certain time or you are responsible for everything a guest does...) But there are many other things not working like the statistics vendor OIDs (.1.3.6.1.4.1.4526.100.7.14.7...). And furthermore access to those OIDs sometimes seem to block the device for other SNMP commands for about 20-30 seconds...

From a customers point of view this is a lag of warranted characteristics: if a company advertises it's product to support SNMP and provides a MIB file for this special device and firmware version, you make a customer believe, that this feature is there and working...

In the newer firmware versions (even the later 8... versions) things get even more worse and the provided MIB file is totally useless because nothing in there works...

Hopefully someone fixes this in the near future - the current situation according to SNMP on those AccessPoints simply is a mess. Maybe I should open a ticket and call the support for this...

Message 3 of 4
schumaku
Guru

@RaghuHR please.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements