× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

Re: WAC540 WIFI Scheduling issue

WAC540 WIFI Scheduling issue

Hello guys

I have 5 WAC540 AP devices, which I need to set a scheduled SSID availability.

there is an option on the SSID setting to set a schedule and it will let you choose the time you want to set the SSID available time during the 7 days of the week.

the issue is that I want to set for 24 hours Monday-Friday and SSID been OFF during the weekend.

the setting does not allow you to set 24 hours, you need to choose the start time and end time and they can not be same, so I was able to set it for 23 hours, which left me with one hour downtime.

if you do not set up the time on the available date , it will be considered as your OFF time.

I have attached a image just to demoestratre.

anyone has any idea how to overcome this bad dilemma?

Netgear issue.jpg

Model: WAC540|Insight Managed Smart Cloud Tri-band 4x4 Wireless Access Point
Message 1 of 8
plemans
Guru

I don't have one to test with but can you change the minutes? 

So set it from 00:01 to 23:59?

Message 2 of 8
schumaku
Guru

Very unlucky schedule specs for your use case. @RaghuHR - discussed several times already - scheduling requires a complete redesign (local and Insight).

Message 3 of 8
schumaku
Guru

@plemans wrote:

I don't have one to test with but can you change the minutes? 

So set it from 00:01 to 23:59?

Nope.

Also no control for all day on, too.

Message 4 of 8
plemans
Guru

@schumaku thanks! I don't get to play with much of the business side products so wasn't sure what was possible with insight's scheduling. 

Message 5 of 8

unfortunately you can not set minutes, it only works with hours..minutes is always on 00. and no way to edit them.

Message 6 of 8

totally agree, it's bad design and need to have all day option. for now I have stopped using the SSID schedule as it is useless for my case.

if you have any update let me know. 

thanks for your response.

Message 7 of 8
Geoff-NZ
Apprentice

I am able to a least confirm they have resolved this issue in the WAX610. I know it won't fix your current AP, however, at least you know it's fixed if you upgrade to Wifi 6 access point(s).

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements