× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

WAX204 - Signal strength issue ???

tri4autism
Follower

WAX204 - Signal strength issue ???

I bought the WAX204 router/ap for a small apartment... it's two rooms and like 800sq/ft.  Initially I had good connectivity in the room with the router of course and the bedroom/bathroom of the apartment.  Now after a little bit over a month, you can see the SSID in the other room but can not connect to the network, do a speedtest... anything.  

I missed the send it back to Amazon date so now trying to figure out what to do with it and support hasn't been much help.    

I've done the obligatory reboot it and looked through all of the settings to see if something can be tweaked but I'm not seeing anything useful. 

Ideas?

Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: WAX204 - Signal strength issue ???

Did you try changing which wifi channel you were broadcasting on? Maybe there's interference? 

Also, one thing to check is apartments tend to be made from materials that block wifi well (like brick/concrete). Try to make sure that those aren't in line with router/devices for good connection. 

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements