× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

Re: WAX610 - Cannot Update Firmware Using Netgear Insight App

sid719e
Aspirant

WAX610 - Cannot Update Firmware Using Netgear Insight App

Hello all - I've been trying to update my firmware for quite some time now using the Netgear Insight App.  It's showing that a firmware update is available, but whenever I try to update it, it tells me "Device Information not found".  I've used the app to update the firmware plenty of times in the past, but for the last two updates it just won't work.  I also can't find anywhere in the app where I can contact support for assistance, and when I went to the Netgear website, it directed me here.  Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.  Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
schumaku
Guru

@BasuKhodanapur can you assist here?

Message 2 of 5
DavidGo
NETGEAR Expert

Hi @sid719e,

Could you please provide some additional information to help us troubleshoot the issue?

- how many AP's are managed in your Insight account?

- does the issue happen to all AP's?

- what is the current version of firmware running on the AP(s)?

- we just released version V10.6.0.7 this past weekend, can you please try to upgrade to this version?

"Device Information not found" error could be related to some communication issues between the AP and Insight Cloud, even though the AP might be showing online. Could you double check the IP address, default gateway and DNS settings for the AP are correct? 

Also, is there any recent changes in your firewall that may block any traffic to/from the AP(s)?

Thanks

DavidGo

Message 3 of 5
sid719e
Aspirant

Hello, and thanks for responding.  This is just my wireless router that I use at home, so nothing fancy.  It's the only one that I'm using, and the updates used to work just fine.  I don't know how to check the ip address and any dns settings.  It just stopped updating after 10.4.0.5.  I tried again this morning and got the same error.  I haven't changed anything since I've gotten it.

Message 4 of 5
SalauddinK
NETGEAR Expert

Hi @sid719e 

Can we have a zoom call in your convenient time.

Let me try to help you, or collect more Information for the concern ?

Thanks

Salauddin

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements