× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

Re: WAX615 with strange internet behavior

SteveAS
Aspirant

WAX615 with strange internet behavior

Hi Guys, I have two WAX615 and tried different settings with Mesh and without Mesh, Static IP and dynamic IP, different DNS servers (external) ... but still have the same issues even after several Firware updates.

One WAX615 works as expected... no issues at all. The second struggles with connections to google.com for example. All pages are working, all apps are working, but Google.de or com are not reachable. While it's reachable by the other AP. Some times when you move between both AP's you get Teams/Whatsapp messages when you move to the AP which doesn't have any connection issues, while you don't got any messages on the struggeling AP. 

The setup is the same on both devices, both are connected with an 2.5GB POE injector (same model), then to a qnap 2.5GB Switch (same model) and finally to a Fritzbox 6591 router. All cable connections are fine - no connection issues with ethernet clients on the qnap switches. 

I'm getting the impression something on the hardware is faulty?! As the internet connection is not reliable on this single WAX615, while the other one works. 

MAy you have heard any similar issues? And there is a Fix? Or should I rise a warranty case?

Cheers,

Steve

Message 1 of 4
schumaku
Guru

With both WAX615 powered over PoE, and connected to a switch - assuming the switch does provide access to the Internet infrastructure - what is the point to enable this Mesh more on one or both APs? 

With fully wired WAX6xx only, none operating as a wireless mesh station, there is no reason to use the Advance Mesh Configuration.

Don't put the Mesh Mode to Auto, Extender Only, or Root Only. Keep it running with Disable Mesh

Message 2 of 4
SteveAS
Aspirant

Hi - the mesh was just for testing. the behavior still exist even without mesh. 

Message 3 of 4
schumaku
Guru

Swap the WAX615 for a test. In case the issue does move with the AP it might be a hardware issue, so head to https://my.netgear.com and file a warranty ticket. In case the issue is limited to one connection, You know where to look for.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements