× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

Re: WAX630 POE++ Injector

Kopaka
Follower

WAX630 POE++ Injector

Hello Everyone,

I have a WAX630 with the most recent firmware and I am attempting to find a compatible POE++ injector. I have tried an Ubiquiti POE-50-60W (https://store.ui.com/collections/unifi-accessories/products/unifi-poe-adapters?variant=4028558242620...) which says it supports POE++ and 60 watts of power but the WAX630 is saying it is in AF power source mode and not AT mode. Does anyone have any experience with this issue?

Message 1 of 4
schumaku
Guru

Reads like a potential interop issue, to be investigated by Netgear.

Message 2 of 4
q8-bbcode
Aspirant

I have the issue, I tried 2 POE injector both POE+ and Unifi POE-50-60W POE++,
both doesn't work af mode.
Message 3 of 4
schumaku
Guru

There is a big mess in the market, especially caused by makers like Ubiquity when it comes to standard compliant PoE+/PoE++ power injectors.

Provide exact model numbers please. What I see on the other vendor spec sheet as POE-50-60W, POE-50-60W-WH is very likely some kind of non-standard compliant passive power-over-ethernet injector. My distributor does misleadingly state for the "PoE Injector POE-50-60W 50 Volt GE 60 Watt" it is a PoE Standard "50V passive PoE". "PoE Standard" - i would like to cry out loud. This is proprietary junk!

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements