× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

WNDAP330 Central Management (Device or Cloud)

gregpearce
Aspirant

WNDAP330 Central Management (Device or Cloud)

Hi,
First question I have posted here and apologise if already answered.
Can anyone tell me if there is a device or cloud option with Netgear that will allow me to manage WNDAP330 devices?
We have a mixture of WNDAP330's, WNDAP350's, WAC730's - aprroximately (80-90 devices)
Majority of these are WNDAP330's. 
It appears the cloud option doesnt support WNDAP330's and the central management devices say support all ProSafe WAP points.

Many thanks - Greg 

Model: WNDAP330|PROSAFE 802.11N DUAL BAND WIRELESS ACCESS POINT|EOL
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: WNDAP330 Central Management (Device or Cloud)

@gregpearce,

Welcome to the community! Smiley Happy 

I'm afraid to inform you that there is no compatible NETGEAR wireless controller for the WNDAP330.  Even the Business Central 2.0 is not compatible with the WNDAP330.  As reference, kindly check page 1 of the article here

Also, be reminded that the WNDAP330 has been EoL (End-of-Life) years ago.  

You may want to upgrade your WNDAP330 to either of these Insight Managed Access Points which are: WAC505, WAC510 and WAC540.  NETGEAR Insight is a Cloud-based management platform that enables easy setup and configuration of NETGEAR Insight Managed Access Points, Switches and ReadyNAS devices.  To know more about Insight and the Insight Managed Access Points, kindly access the links below:

Insight Managed Smart Cloud Wireless Access Points

NETGEAR Insight

About the Insight subscriptions, I recommend you to the Insight Premium Subscription.  One of its benefits is the Fast Roaming.  Fast Roaming makes it easy for devices that are connected to any Insight Managed access point on your network to roam to any other Insight Managed access point on your network. Check the link below:

What Insight subscription plans are available?

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@gregpearce,

Welcome to the community! Smiley Happy 

I'm afraid to inform you that there is no compatible NETGEAR wireless controller for the WNDAP330.  Even the Business Central 2.0 is not compatible with the WNDAP330.  As reference, kindly check page 1 of the article here

Also, be reminded that the WNDAP330 has been EoL (End-of-Life) years ago.  

You may want to upgrade your WNDAP330 to either of these Insight Managed Access Points which are: WAC505, WAC510 and WAC540.  NETGEAR Insight is a Cloud-based management platform that enables easy setup and configuration of NETGEAR Insight Managed Access Points, Switches and ReadyNAS devices.  To know more about Insight and the Insight Managed Access Points, kindly access the links below:

Insight Managed Smart Cloud Wireless Access Points

NETGEAR Insight

About the Insight subscriptions, I recommend you to the Insight Premium Subscription.  One of its benefits is the Fast Roaming.  Fast Roaming makes it easy for devices that are connected to any Insight Managed access point on your network to roam to any other Insight Managed access point on your network. Check the link below:

What Insight subscription plans are available?

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 3
gregpearce
Aspirant

Many thanks 🙂
Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements