Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Amber Upstream Light

Akeeb4316
Aspirant

Literally after I posted the one before this my upstream light turned solid green but my downstream light is still blinking. Here are the upstream and downstream and I'll show you the event logs on another post because I'm on my phone and it doesn't let me put in more 1 file
Message 26 of 43
Akeeb4316
Aspirant

Here's the event logs
Message 27 of 43
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Akeeb4316

You have alot of timeouts in your logs which indicates a connection issue with your ISP it could be some wiring issue in your home or somewhere in your area I would contact your ISP have them send a tech to check things out.

DarrenM

Message 28 of 43
Akeeb4316
Aspirant

Yes you were right, I called up a technician a few days ago and there was cable that had a surge from my house that damaged the wire. Now currently I have 3 out of the 4 upstream channels locked idk if that's an issue cuz sometimes my speed isn't constant and it takes time for certain pages to load but I'm ok with it but I want to know if this is is the issue.
Message 29 of 43
wesmc
Aspirant

Hello I too am having a problem. I was with Time Warner Cable in Dallas TX which is now Sprectum.  I only get one upload locked.

Sprectum tech support has been no help.  First I hate they will not Flash new Firmware. And just as mad at Netgear for letting us flash our own. I understand there are reasons.

Can someome give me a clue.  As what is the Power Range needed by the Upload Stream?  I saw an issue on here with the Up Load Stream lock had a power level that was too high.  I hope to post an attachment here. This is my first post.  I'm not new at this. But don't know what I'm looking at.  Thank you.

Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 30 of 43
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Message 31 of 43
Factor1313
Aspirant

All of a sudden today I have the amber light for my upstream. Please help. Internet connection all of a sudden became slow today.
Model: C6300BD-1CXNAS|Docsis 3.0 AC1750 Cable Modem Router
Message 32 of 43
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

@Factor1313

your Upstream power is way TOO HIGH.  thats why US is not-bonded and it is in Amber.

If you did not change anything in your home, someone or Comcast changed something outside your home and and messed up your power. 

if you have splitter, you need to remove the splitters to reduce Upstream power.

Message 33 of 43
KKB13
Aspirant

Hello. I’m having the same exact issues w/ the amber upstream light, which is constant. My MacBook Pro is having a hard time connecting & continues toggling between Looking for networks” & “On.” Attached is my report. Thanks!
Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 34 of 43
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

@KKB13

you have signal issue. Your upstream power too high and beyond specs. that is why you have only 1 upstream channel and it shows amber. 

All the powers for US need to be around mid-high 40s and this is at 57dBmV. 

Message 35 of 43
KKB13
Aspirant

@vkdelta

So, at this point, what do I need to do? Is it on my end or Comcast’s end? Thanks!
Message 36 of 43
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

@KKB13

Either you have too long runs of coax cable in your house, or you have too many or too big splitters or the signal coming into your house itself is too much attenuation in upstream path.

If you cannot fix something in your house, you need to call Comcast and ask them to "lower the upstream power by reducing the attenuation in the path" technicians know it. Ask them to keep it around mid-40s.   

Message 37 of 43
Firemedic724
Aspirant

I have a Netgear C6300 AC1750 modem. I have Comcast/Xfinity cable and I returned all of their equipment because I did not want to continue paying rental fees. I just purchased this Netgear Wireless cable modem and the upstream light is solid amber. I had Comcast come out and check all the lines and they said it was an issue with the modem. I will screenshot and post the pics from my modem upstream log. PLEASE HELP!!!!!

I have not had internet for 2 weeks.

Model: C6300|AC1750 Cable Modem Router Docsis 3.0
Message 38 of 43
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

Is your modem provisioned? If not provision it.

also, your upstream power is very high. This is due to either outside cabling or extra splitters in your house. 

first thing you want to check is provisioning. 

what happens when you try to connect via ethernet and go to www.google.com  ?

Message 39 of 43
Firemedic724
Aspirant

The modem was provisioned and there is one splitter in the house. Comcast is coming out for a third time tomorrow. Why is it that their equipment works but Netgear equipment does not work? I thought Netgear equipment was better?

Message 40 of 43
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

What is the problem you are facing (it is not clear with the original post)? Is it just Amber LED? or no internet at all?

Please post the event logs as well.

Amber LED is typically not comcast devices and specific to NTGR devices to show non-bonded upstream. You can probably plugin comcast device and see what is the upstream power and if the upstream is actually bonded. 

Message 41 of 43
Firemedic724
Aspirant

The amber led light for upstream is lit. THere is no internet available when this light is lit. I looked at the event logs and it seems the system is getting a flood alert of some sort every few minutes. Devices are able to connect but there is no internet. The upstream channel that is locked has a power of 52 db or something. I'm not home now so I can't get the exact terminology.

Message 42 of 43
PButer012
Aspirant

Screen Shot 2018-12-27 at 12.52.44 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-12-27 at 12.53.01 AM.pngI also have the problem with an amber upstream. I seem that everything is okay except the power level please check. Thanks.

Model: CM500|16x4 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem
Message 43 of 43
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 42 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 11 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series