Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CAX80 and Xfinity mid/high split (Next Generation)

Omnitron
Guide

CAX80 and Xfinity mid/high split (Next Generation)

Xfinity rolled out mid/high split ("Next Generation") in my area of CA, promising 100Mbps upload instead of 10-20Mbps depending on the plan. I understand that Netgear might not commit officially, but what are the odds CAX80 eventually supports mid/high split, and will that require both (1) Netgear-side firmware update (2) Xfinity-side 'modification' and push of that firmware update? Or is there something inherently missing in CAX80 hardware?

For reference, Xfinity's official supported-device list only included (for Netgear) the CBR750 and CM3000 until 2/29/24, but on 3/14/24 they added the CM2500 too.

https://assets.xfinity.com/assets/dotcom/projects/cix-4997_compatible-devices/2024.03.14%20Full%20Li...

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: CAX80 and Xfinity mid/high split (Next Generation)

Time will tell. 

Message 2 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: CAX80 and Xfinity mid/high split (Next Generation)

There was a post on reddit from an xfinity mod that the CAX80 was supposed to rollout in november. But then the issue with the CM2050v cropped up and I haven't heard/seen anything since. Maybe they're trying to incorporate the cm2050v fix into the cax. Unsure but they don't release official statements on it. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series