Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Netgear c7800 xfinity connection slow or down

mojanoski
Follower

Netgear c7800 xfinity connection slow or down

Hello guys.

I purchase Netgear C7800 and since then I have a lot of issues with my internet connection. I called Xfinity few times they send technician and they are saying everything its good on there side. My internet package is 300 and usually its not more then 120, and when i do reset the modem it goes over 300 so i need to reset the modem everytime when I need max speed. Thise few days even the reset giving me hard time, when i reset the modem it's saying Connectivity State: Access Denied and there is not internet connections few hours. I am attaching event log and cable connection, please advice.

Thank you

Model: C7800|Nighthawk X4S-AC3200 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

a couple things.

1. you upload power levels are way to high. way to high

2. your download channels aren't locked. you should have more locked channels.

what you can do>

1. remove any splitters, amplifiers, attenuators from your line. 

2. preferably, directly attach the modem to right where the coax enters the home. this prevents the wiring within the home being the issue. plus comcast charges for service if the problem was internal to the home. This helps prevent that.

3. contact the isp. They might be saying everything checks out but that's always their first response. The line needs to be checked if this is a direct connection without anything else in the line. 

Message 2 of 4
Austinreed0090
Aspirant

I'm having the exact same problem on a 1GB plan only getting like 400mb download and up

Model: C7800|Nighthawk X4S-AC3200 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Follow @plemans list of suggestions...

@Austinreed0090 wrote:

I'm having the exact same problem on a 1GB plan only getting like 400mb download and up

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7