Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear CMD31T blinking lights

aerinater
Aspirant

Netgear CMD31T blinking lights

My main question is what does it mean when both upstream/downstream pairs blink amber?

I recently moved and changed services. About a week ago, my networking equipment was working perfectly. I've since called my ISP three times, each time there was different things possibly wrong. I'm mainly posting here hoping that I'm missing something obvious on my end.

If it's helps or is considered relevant information, I'm dealing with TWC/Spectrum's internet service.

Thanks for the help.
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
aerinater
Aspirant

Re: Netgear CMD31T blinking lights

As a closing update to this issue, after having Spectrum technicians go through my setup, I learned that it might be that Spectrum has a specific set of coding that they use with their internet service that is different from Time Warner Cable (the two companies have merged, but many customers are technically still on Time Warner Cable's service) and my modem may no longer be compatible with their particular service.

Unfortunately I had to discontinue use of my purchased router and had to switch to one provided by Spectrum which does not incur a monthly fee like TWC did (for now).

Thank you for the responses.

View solution in original post

Model: CMD31T|Docsis 3.0 Cable Modem
Message 4 of 4

All Replies
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

It just indicates how many down and up stream channels are locked on if you are getting the speed you are paying for then nothing to worry about.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 4
aerinater
Aspirant

The U/D lights are all blinking at the same time, not flickering like activity. I guess the closest thing I can relate it to is a blinking amber stoplight.

Normally when there's no connection, it normally blinks one of them. I'm wondering if it's just a no connection thing or if there's something wrong with the modem. There's nothing about something like it in the information manual online.
Message 3 of 4
aerinater
Aspirant

As a closing update to this issue, after having Spectrum technicians go through my setup, I learned that it might be that Spectrum has a specific set of coding that they use with their internet service that is different from Time Warner Cable (the two companies have merged, but many customers are technically still on Time Warner Cable's service) and my modem may no longer be compatible with their particular service.

Unfortunately I had to discontinue use of my purchased router and had to switch to one provided by Spectrum which does not incur a monthly fee like TWC did (for now).

Thank you for the responses.

Model: CMD31T|Docsis 3.0 Cable Modem
Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7