× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNAS hosted website

bgidcomb
Aspirant

ReadyNAS hosted website

Can someone please explain to me how to get MySQL and PHP running on a ReadyNAS Pro 4? 

Message 1 of 19
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi bgidcomb,

Welcome to the community!

Here are some helpful links you can look at.

Setting up a Website with PHP & MYSQL

Add-on installation

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 19
bgidcomb
Aspirant

I have tried the site explaining how to set up a website. The add-on's he talks about either do not exist anymore or say they are not valid for my architecture. I know the Pro 4 can do MySQL because the Photo's add-on works and uses MySQL. I just cannot seem to find the correct add-on's to get them to install on my box.

Message 3 of 19
StephenB
Guru

@bgidcomb wrote:
I have tried the site explaining how to set up a website. The add-on's he talks about either do not exist anymore or say they are not valid for my architecture. I know the Pro 4 can do MySQL because the Photo's add-on works and uses MySQL. I just cannot seem to find the correct add-on's to get them to install on my box.

Those addons mostly still exist, other than mysqlbackup one at the end. At least, I can download the the x86 versions.  Are you running 4.2.x firmware?

However, they are pretty old. I'd start with the php bundle at rnxtras.com.

Message 4 of 19
bgidcomb
Aspirant

I'm running RAIDiator 4.2.28 firmware. I will try the link you suggested and see what I can get. How do you know if it is x86 or sparc? I'm pretty I read somewhere that the Pro 4 runs x86.

Message 5 of 19
StephenB
Guru

4.2.x firmware runs on x86.  4.1.x runs on sparc.  All pro and ultra models use x86 hardware.

Message 6 of 19
bgidcomb
Aspirant

Looks like the PHP bundle will cost me around $6 US? And hope that works.

Message 7 of 19
StephenB
Guru

@bgidcomb wrote:

Looks like the PHP bundle will cost me around $6 US? And hope that works.

@WhoCares_ does charge a small amount to cover his costs.  Building, testing, supporting, and distributing apps does take time, equipment, and some money.

I suggest contacting him, he might have some other suggestions on packages that would help you.

Message 8 of 19
bgidcomb
Aspirant

I will be willing to pay that, no problem, as long as it works. Looks like there are plenty of testomonies stating that it works well. 

The blog also suggests the add-on "MySQLON" but that link is also broken. Any ideas where to get that? 

I think the author might need to do an update to his blog... haha

Message 9 of 19
StephenB
Guru

I'd ask @WhoCares_ if you actually need that, since it dates back to 2008.  phpadmin might let you accomplish the same thing.

If you do, a direct download is here: http://www.readynas.com/contributed/super-poussin/PRO-MysqlOn_1.0.bin

Message 10 of 19
bgidcomb
Aspirant

Awesome. Thank you. I will see what I can do with all of this. 

Message 11 of 19
bgidcomb
Aspirant

Is there a way to change the port that the ReadyNAS talks on? I have given up on hosting the site on the NAS it's self, and run it on my PC with Xampp. The problem is that both of these use port 80. I have tried to change the xamp and no-ip ports, but this is causing all kinds of issues.

Message 12 of 19
StephenB
Guru

You can set up a secondary https port.

Message 13 of 19
bgidcomb
Aspirant

How would I do that?

Message 14 of 19
StephenB
Guru

secondary port.jpg

Message 15 of 19
bgidcomb
Aspirant

Now that's what I'm talking about. Clean and clear answer. Great work and many thanks. So now all I have to do is reset my apache back to port 80 so that everything worked perfectly like before. Then use the screen you showed to change that nas over to another port, say port 1234. And then I should be able to reach my site both inside my network and outside with no problems and still be able to run my back up and reach the nas from my desktop that uses port 80 for apache. 

Am I correct?

Message 16 of 19
StephenB
Guru

@bgidcomb wrote:

Now that's what I'm talking about. Clean and clear answer. Great work and many thanks. So now all I have to do is reset my apache back to port 80 so that everything worked perfectly like before. Then use the screen you showed to change that nas over to another port, say port 1234. And then I should be able to reach my site both inside my network and outside with no problems and still be able to run my back up and reach the nas from my desktop that uses port 80 for apache. 

Am I correct?

Correct.  You should be using https anyway to access the NAS (and not port 80).

Port numbers of 49152 and above are reserved as "private ports", so a choice in the range 49152-65535 is good.

Message 17 of 19
bgidcomb
Aspirant

I haven't done much in the way of network config and ports and all this. Thank you very much for all the info. 

Message 18 of 19
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi bgidcomb,

Thanks for your feedback. You may now tag this thread as resolved by clicking the "Accept as Solution" button in one of the responses that you received. If in case you have other questions, just update this thread.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 19 of 19
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 18 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements