Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: DGN 2200 v4

climbs
Aspirant

DGN 2200 v4

Hi to all,
a month ago I bought the router dgn 2200 v4 and I immediately had problems with my internet line: after some time of connection my internet bandwidth suddenly from 6Mb to 1.45Mb approximately.

Bandwidth limiting is done while browsing the Internet (connection is lost for a few seconds when it turn goes wrong) or when starting the router.

If i use the automatic configuration, the router attempts to pick another provider...if I specify the DNS of my provider I have the problem of the fall of internet bandwidth

My provider, after line checks, denies any responsibility.

I updated the firmware to the latest version, but the situation has not changed.

I hope for a solution to the problem and some good advice....sorry for some errors in my english.
Thanks in advance.
Message 1 of 9
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Based on your first statement alone I would return it.
Message 2 of 9
climbs
Aspirant

I've done that, unfortunately. I replaced it with an identical model, but the problem is the same. probably a faulty loading. may be obtained from another manufacturer?
Message 3 of 9
climbs
Aspirant

sorry for the English ... was wondering if you can get a change by the manufacturer of the router
Message 4 of 9
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

If i use the automatic configuration, the router attempts to pick another provider.

Sounds like there is provision issues somewhere in telco.

It should only pick up your ISP on tel line you are using
Message 5 of 9
climbs
Aspirant

or perhaps the router has settings stored by a previous agreement with another phone company
Message 6 of 9
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

If you didn't purchase from retail then possible branded firmware

You can not use ISP branded firmware router with different ISP provisioned line
Message 7 of 9
climbs
Aspirant

Is not a branded router firmware on the box ... it was not reported anything. I still did the test with another model and it works, then it is a manufacturing defect. I'm looking for a way to return the product under warranty.

Thanks anyway
Message 8 of 9
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Contact support warranty needs via portal at my.netgear.com
Message 9 of 9
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements