Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Cannot restore newly saved cfg from SRX5308 after latest firmware upgrade

rebshlomo
Aspirant

Cannot restore newly saved cfg from SRX5308 after latest firmware upgrade

I just updated an SRX5308 to 4.3.3.-6, and attempted to restore cfg from an identical SRX5308 which already had that firmware level, and the restore fails.

The firmware upgrade worked, but the restore throws an error.

Model: SRX5308|PROSAFE Gigabit Quad WAN SSL & IPSEC VPN Firewall
Message 1 of 7
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi rebshlomo,

Welcome to the community! 🙂

Let's isolate the problem.  Kindly answer the questions below:

a. What is the exact error message it shows?  Kindly post a screenshot of the error message.

b. Have you tried using other browsers like Firefox or Safari to access the web-GUi of the SRX5308 then restore the configuration file?

c. Since you have just newly upgraded the firmware of the SRX5308 to v4.3.3-6,  kindly try to backup its configuration then try to restore it to the other SRX5308 that is already on firmware v4.3.3-6.  Does same error message came up? 

d. After doing a firmware upgrade, have you performed a factory reset on the SRX5308?  Its recommended to factory reset a device after a successful firmware updgrade/downgrade of the firmware.

I look forward to your response.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 7
rebshlomo
Aspirant

a. What is the exact error message it shows?  Kindly post a screenshot of the error message.

I cannot insert an image here. It does not work.

b. Have you tried using other browsers like Firefox or Safari to access the web-GUi of the SRX5308 then restore the configuration file? Will try that

c. Since you have just newly upgraded the firmware of the SRX5308 to v4.3.3-6,  kindly try to backup its configuration then try to restore it to the other SRX5308 that is already on firmware v4.3.3-6.  Does same error message came up? I did that already. Same result

d. After doing a firmware upgrade, have you performed a factory reset on the SRX5308?  Its recommended to factory reset a device after a successful firmware updgrade/downgrade of the firmware.

I have many Firewall rules, and was concerned I would have to recreate all the Services and Rules. So I did not do a factory reset.

Message 3 of 7
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi rebshlomo,

Kindly check this image below on how to insert image(s) or screenshot(s):

Let us know if there is any progress or if same problem occurs after you have tried using other browsers like Firefox or Safari.  Doing a factory reset on the SRX5308 then reconfigure everything from scratch would be the last resort of troubleshooting step(s) to isolate the problem. 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 7
rebshlomo
Aspirant

THe choose file dialog did not show up before and when I composed my reply. It did now.

Below you will see the error I got when trying to restore the CFG file to the SRX5308. I will reset to factory default and post the results.

Thanks.

SRX5308 cfg Restore error.png

Message 5 of 7
rebshlomo
Aspirant

Did a Factory Reset.

Was able to Restore CFG file.

But when I attempt to restore again, get the same error in IE11 and Chrome (Using Win8), that

The 192.168.1.1 page isn’t working

192.168.1.1 didn’t send any data.

ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE

It appears that with the latest version of Firmware, you can only restore settings, if you first do a Factory Reset!
Model: SRX5308|PROSAFE Gigabit Quad WAN SSL & IPSEC VPN Firewall
Message 6 of 7
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi rebshlomo,

I didn't have the chance to try what you did since there is no SRX5308 firewalls on my end.  With regard to this, I suggest that you open an online case with NETGEAR Support at anytime and let them know about your concern for further assistance.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements