Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: FVS314N on 4.3.4-1 still not working

shiekh
Guide

FVS314N on 4.3.4-1 still not working

Was thrilled to see a new firmware (4.3.4-1) for the FVS318N but it still only stays up for 5 - 10 mins

I feel obligated to open up a discussion for each new firmware that does not solve this issue.

Units that work fine in my configuration

ZyXEL VFG6005N

FVS318Gv1

FVS336Gv2

Units that never have (regardless of firmware)

FVS318N

FVS318Gv2

Yes, I've done a reset, contacted support...

Funny thing is that all is fine for 5 - 10 mins and this issue has been discussed on these forums by several users.

My previous messages have been closed as 'solved' so I am complelled to open up a new case. Yes, I really do have 4 Netgear firewalls, and half of them work... unfortunately it is the two old units that do so, not the 2 two new units.

Model: FVS318N|ProSafe Wireless N 8 port gigabit VPN firewall
Message 1 of 8
Danthem
NETGEAR Employee

Hey shiekh,

Are we talking about the whole router going down after 5-10 minutes or just VPN? Wireless?  Could you share some more info on your setup? 

Do you have any case IDs as well from contacting support? 

Message 2 of 8
shiekh
Guide

Message 3 of 8
shiekh
Guide

The system is asking if the problem is solved; nothing could be further from rthe truth and at present the FVS318N and FVS318Gv2 are not usable (and never have been), so it would be good to keep this open till the issue is located and fixed.

Message 4 of 8
dxm
Tutor
Tutor

My fvs318n has always worked, using vpn, vlans, open ports, etc. My issue with the new firmware.

This latest firmware update is crashing at install. I've downloaded it twice, I've tried the install from 2 different systems using 3 different browsers on each system, IE and newest Chrome and the newest Firefox. I've tried from a Windows 7 pro systems and a Windows 10 pro system. As soon as you pick FVS318N_v4.3.4-1.img file to load, as it comes out of the zip file, click the upgrade button, the browser tab window immediately fails to page not found. The session is immediately terminated. Logging back into the switch the upgrade doesnt happen and the router stays at the old firmware. No progress bar appears and the upgrade fails.

Model: FVS318N|ProSafe Wireless N 8 port gigabit VPN firewall
Message 5 of 8
shiekh
Guide

That's strange, I had no problem updating to 4.3.4-1; however there is a way to upgrade via tftp and telnet (use at your own risk)

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Business-Wireless/FVS318N-FVS318Gv2-Firmware-4-3-3-8/td-p/1092233

Message 6 of 8
dxm
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for the link. I'll read up on it now.

Message 7 of 8
shiekh
Guide

My units still sit waiting for the fix 4.3.4-1 did not achieve, however I remain hopeful that one day I can actually put my FVS-314N to work before it becomes obsolete.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements