Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

FVS318N Login Issue

ridgedale
Aspirant

FVS318N Login Issue

I wonder if anyone elee has encountered the situation where an FVS318N is rejecting all login attempts despite the usernames and passwords entered being correct.

Each time I attempt to login I get the following error:

Provided user name is not a part of Administrator/Guest/SSL-VPN.

Trying the same username in lowercase (note: not setup that way) using the same valid password generates the following error:

User Login Failed for SSLVPN User.

It looks to me like the settings have become corrupted. Is resetting the FVS318N the only solution?

The VPN is working, btw.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
ridgedale
Aspirant

Re: FVS318N Login Issue

Hi John,
Apologies for the belated response.

In the end I managed to login to the router and reboot it using telnet, which seems to have resolved the issue. There was nothing wrong with the login credentials being used. Very bizarre.

Kind Regards

Dene

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6

All Replies
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello ridgedale, 

Does this happen on the SSL-VPN portal only or it is also the same when you are accessing the management interface? 

Looking forward to your response. 

Thanks, 

Message 2 of 6
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi ridgedale, 

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.
If your issue is now resolved we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Thanks, 

Message 3 of 6
ridgedale
Aspirant

Hi John,
Apologies for the belated response.

In the end I managed to login to the router and reboot it using telnet, which seems to have resolved the issue. There was nothing wrong with the login credentials being used. Very bizarre.

Kind Regards

Dene

Message 4 of 6
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Dene, 

It's great to know you have it working again! That was weird considering nothing was changed. Please mark your last response as "Accept as Solution" so that it will help other members when they encounter the same issue. 

Thanks, 

Message 5 of 6
Cypisek
Aspirant

Have same issue, but cant login by telnet. I need to enter to managment panel for changing firewall options, but have the same error: User Login Failed for SSLVPN User.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements