Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

PR60X

Reinhof
Aspirant

PR60X

Is the PR60X just a basic firewall?  Is there a way to do advanced type of configurations like blocking sites, spam detection, malicious URLs, DOS prevention, etc...?

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

Re: PR60X

According to the readily available PR60X product documentation, the Product Data Sheet, and the User Manuals its a pure dual WAN firewall with some VPN capabilities - however not a fully fledged Unified Threat Management (UTM) or the like.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

According to the readily available PR60X product documentation, the Product Data Sheet, and the User Manuals its a pure dual WAN firewall with some VPN capabilities - however not a fully fledged Unified Threat Management (UTM) or the like.

Message 2 of 4
Reinhof
Aspirant

Thank you so much.  Seems like a fairly expensive solution for not having any threat management. 

Yes, I didn't see anything in the documentation, but wanted to make sure there was no add on somewhere.

Do you have any recommendations for something that has threat management?

Message 3 of 4
schumaku
Guru

Expensive? If you compare to single or dual WAN Gigabit appliances probably.

It's powerful and capable firewall hardware...

High performance hardware 10G/Multi-Gigabit throughput and 1x2.5G WAN, 1x10G/Multi-Gigabit
WAN/LAN configurable port, 3x2.5G LAN and 1x10G SFP+ LAN.
WAN-to-LAN Throughput When using WAN2 port - 10Gbps max WAN with 17.5Gbps max LAN
When using WAN1 port only - 2.5Gbps max WAN with 27.5Gbps max LAN

...even if Netgear still does not publish IPsec VPN throughput numbers, unless I have missed something.

For UTM systems, look out for Check Point,  Fortinet, ZyXEL, Sophos, just my personal preferences of choice for example.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements