Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: How to route different networks

Robot
Aspirant

How to route different networks

I have a DGFV388 router and on the network I have two network address's 192.168.1.x and 192.168.2.x. I would like ot know how to I get the two netwroks to communciate using the one DGFV388 modem/router.
Message 1 of 3
fordem
Mentor

First - why do you need two logical networks? This is not so much a question that I need to know the answer to, as much as it is one that you need to consider. If you have two logical networks on the same physical network, and you need them to communicate with one another, then do you really need two logical networks, there is no benefit that I'm aware of, so either I'm overlooking something or you are. Reconfigure one set of your hosts so everybody is on the same network and your problem is solved. To answer your question - the DGFV388 should support secondary LAN addresses, go to network configuration, LAN setup & look for multi-homing.
Message 2 of 3
Robot
Aspirant

Currently we have a network in existence and we are introducing new hardware purchased from another company so to get quick wins before reconfiguring the new hardware just wanted to know how to make them communicate. Eventually we will make it a flat network.

Will try your suggestion with multihome.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements