Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Need new router 2.5 Gps on all ports

cnetuser
Follower

Need new router 2.5 Gps on all ports

Does anyone know of a router that has 2.5 Gbs+ wan and lan ports for less than $300? VPN would be nice but not necessary. Does not have to be wireless either. Thank you very much!

Could be a business or home router. For the life of me I don't understand why they are separate in sales and in forums since you could (and I have on many occasions) certainly buy a business router for home use. Do I need to post this again under home routers? Thanks again!

Message 1 of 5
schumaku
Guru

Re: Need new router 2.5 Gps on all ports

There has been some rumor of a basic (local and Insight managed) router with multiple 2.5G ports (plus few more) in a single or dual WAN config. ETA and pricing details unknown.

Message 2 of 5
plemans
Guru

I'd wait on the wifi 7 rollout to see what happens. 

Your biggest issue is going to be that "$300" goal. 

That'll be the challenge. 

Message 3 of 5
schumaku
Guru

@plemans wrote:

I'd wait on the wifi 7 rollout to see what happens. 

The scenario set was "Does not have to be wireless".

For a router installed in the underground, in a networking cabinet, in an in-house mini-datacenter, in combination with a capable wired network installation, with a sufficient amount  (PoE+'ed) of switch ports in the house, in the building, switch ports to connect access points where required ... I'm convinced these users don't need an integrated one-box-wireless-solution. 

Message 4 of 5
plemans
Guru

got it. But sometimes the rollout of faster baseline speeds for consumers devices leads to faster/cheaper business devices.  

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements