Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

SRX5308 Kernel Errors

VolkerBihrle
Aspirant

SRX5308 Kernel Errors

Hi,

we've got many errors in our logfiles. There is a real flooding of errors like that:

Thu Nov 10 07:33:45 2016((GMT+0100)) [SRX5308-Oechsle][Kernel][KERNEL] HTB: quantum of class 1000D is small. Consider r2q change.

This error comes 4 times with the same timestamp and every 2-5 minutes again.

We also get this error many times a day:

BWPROF:Failed to release class(2ca): Profile ID in class(686) mismatched with Profile ID in connection

Does anyone have an idea what's going wrong with the Firewall?

BR

Volker

Model: SRX5308|PROSAFE Gigabit Quad WAN SSL & IPSEC VPN Firewall
Message 1 of 4
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: SRX5308 Kernel Errors

Hi VolkerBihrle,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

Let us try to isolate the problem.  Kindly answer the questions below:

a. Are there any changes within the network setup or changes within the settings of the SRX5308?

b. Are there any firewall rules configured on the SRX5308 that might trigger what is shown on the logs?

c. Are there any installed software applications within the PCs that belong to the network where the SRX5308 is deployed that might cause what is shown on the logs?

d. What is the current firmware version of the SRX5308?

Just to set your expectation, our engineering team is the one that analyzes the logs.  You will need to open an online case with NETGEAR Support about your concern so that the online case will be escalated to the engineering team for the logs to be interpreted.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 4
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi VolkerBihrle,

I just want to follow-up on this.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 4
VolkerBihrle
Aspirant

Hi DaneA,

thank you for your reply. Here are my feedback:

a) there was no change on the network setup within the last weeks, we only do the firmwareupdate to the latest version last week.

b) we have many firewall-rules to allow the users only that what they need in the internet, but I can't find a hint which rule or setting could be the cause of the log-entries.

c) I can't find a application on our pc-clients that would cause this log-entries

d) we currently use the Firmware Version 4.3.4-2 (the latest release)

BR

Volker

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements