Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Setup a VPN Quickly with the New NETGEAR Insight Instant VPN Router BR500

BretD
Admin

Setup a VPN Quickly with the New NETGEAR Insight Instant VPN Router BR500

Insight Instant VPN RouterInsight Instant VPN Router

The NETGEAR Insight family is expanding! Introducing the NETGEAR Insight Instant VPN Router - All your network & security under one umbrella with One-step Instant VPN access for remote or site-to-site connectivity.

Many businesses today have employees working remotely from branch offices or on the road who often require access to company network resources in an easy and secure way.  Security and more specifically VPN setup has always been associated with significant networking knowledge and in cases where scripting and other advanced techniques had to be employed. With the new NETGEAR® Insight Instant VPN Business Router (BR500), the first secure business router managed by NETGEAR Insight, all of that complexity has been turned into a pleasant experience where these remote employees will be able to access data residing on their office network as if they were in the office with a single touch on their smartphone or a click on their laptop.   NETGEAR Insight Instant VPN Business Router also makes connecting multiple offices for SMBs to share IT resources such as file servers, network-attached NAS storage or other business critical assets easier than ever. Employees experience access to the local business network as if they are in the office.

Read the BR500 press release.

The NETGEAR Insight Instant VPN Business Router includes:

• 1 WAN and 4 LAN Gigabit Ethernet ports
  • LAN-to-WAN throughput: 924Mbps
  • Remote/Cloud management and monitoring all from a single pane of glass
  • Instant, one-step VPN through the mobile app and web portal (site-to-site/remote) *
  • Firewall capabilities to protect against intrusion and secure your business

All NETGEAR Insight Managed products are fully-integrated and cloud-manageable devices, requiring no additional hardware to connect directly to the Insight cloud and can be managed remotely. 

NETGEAR Insight Network Management System provides:

• The VPN Business Router hardware status, temperature, port speeds, CPU load, memory utilization
  • The VPN connection status – connected/disconnected, number of connected users, method of authentication, current traffic, visited destination from guest portal, sites connected (for site-to-site VPN), volume of data exchanged and timestamp of the connection.
  • Firewall rule configuration and update, NAT traversal, port forwarding, FTP

Insight Instant VPN Router & Hardware FirewallInsight Instant VPN Router & Hardware Firewall

BR500 Pricing and Availability:

The NETGEAR Insight Instant VPN Business Router  (BR500) is currently available worldwide through authorized NETGEAR partners, reseller channels, and other e-commerce sites as a stand-alone router for a manufacturer’s advertised price of $269.99 USD and for multi-location site to site connectivity, a kit of 2 units for $519.99 will be available later this year. From August 30th until Jan 2019, the “Instant VPN option” will be available as a free trial for all customers and will then become an annual subscription-based feature at a nominal fee.

The BR500 includes a single remote user license for use with all Insight subscriptions enabling the BR500 to be accessed remotely. As of  January, 2019, the “Remote VPN” service will require a subscription fee of  $10.00 USD a year for up to 5 remote users or  $15.00 a year for 6to 10 remote users for businesses with remote workers or partners requiring secure access.

For businesses requiring secure access and connectivity between multiple offices or locations using 2 or 3 BR500s, the Site-2-Site VPN option will be $20.00 USD a year.  For maximum value, businesses with multiple sites and 20 or 30 remote employees and/or partners with using two or 3 BR500s will have the “Remote VPN & Site-2-Site VPN Bundle for $25.00 USD a year.

Visit the BR500 Insight VPN Router Landing Page and full Tech Specs

Learn more about the NETGEAR Insight Ecosystem of devices

Get NETGEAR Insight Instant VPN Router BR500 Support

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
Ppummill
Apprentice

Ok fine, it finally worked on Saturday Night.  

I can't delete the above post so i'm simply repyling that it works now.  

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6

All Replies
DerekS
Aspirant

I do realize this is a very new piece of kit and I can see this unit may be just what I'm looking for but I can't proceed to assess the features, facilities and configuration without the instruction manual.  Have searched everywhere and I have only turned up a data sheet as the only documentation available.

User or instruction manual arriving real soon?

Regards

Message 2 of 6
BretD
Admin

Message 3 of 6
ZinnRC
Aspirant

Is this unit HIPAA and PCI compliant?

Message 4 of 6
Ppummill
Apprentice

So far instant VPN is anything but instant. 4 days and two very long phone calls to premium support has been less than fruitful. The CSRs are very friendly, but ultimately unhelpful. The process to get transferred up a level in support is fairly long and not without considerable frustration. I don’t know if the product was released before all kinks were worked out, or if we will have to abandon NETGEAR equipment. We are a small business and do not relish the idea of spending more money because the product does not work as advertised. I will happily delete this post should it magically start working over the weekend. Confidence is not high. Amusingly enough, the model BR500 doesn’t appear in the Model field on this reply page.
Message 5 of 6
Ppummill
Apprentice

Ok fine, it finally worked on Saturday Night.  

I can't delete the above post so i'm simply repyling that it works now.  

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements