Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Unable to update firmware on SRX5308

Ewarrior
Aspirant

Unable to update firmware on SRX5308

I currently have three SRX5308 routers in service all running firmware version 4.3.3-6. I'm trying to update to the latest firmware version 4.3.4-1 but the update always hangs and fails on all three routers. The procedure I follow is to reboot the router before trying the firmware upgrade. Then I select the firmware file and click upgrade and then nothing happens. Eventually I get kicked out to the log on screen where I log on and see that I'm still running the old firmware. I have even tried doing a factory default reset and then trying to upgrade but the same behavior occurs.

Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 7
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Unable to update firmware on SRX5308

Hi Ewarrior,

Have you tried to perform a factory reset on the SRX5308 then try to update the firmware to the latest version?  If yes and it still won't work then you may try to update the firmware using TFTP.  Kindly access the link below as reference guide:

How to upload firmware to a NETGEAR router using TFTP

If ever you are not that confident to proceed on upgrading the firmware using TFTP, I advise you to open an online case with NETGEAR Support for assistance. 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 7
Ewarrior
Aspirant

The three routers were purchased in 2013. According to Netgear's support page the routers only come with 90 days tech support. So how would I open an online case? Thinking out loud to myself If I can't get support to address the problem then my only other option is exchange the three routers under their lifetime warranty?

Message 3 of 7
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Ewarrior,

It seems that an online replacement for the faulty SRX5308 was processed for you by the NETGEAR Support team.  Hope that the replacement SRX5308 would work fine.  Keep us posted.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 7
Ewarrior
Aspirant

Sent the unit back to Netgear via UPS, the item was signed for by someone at Netgear and now Netgear tells me they never received the unit. I've sent proof of delivery to Netgear but I'm getting no where. PATHETIC!

Model: SRX5308|PROSAFE Gigabit Quad WAN SSL & IPSEC VPN Firewall
Message 5 of 7
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Ewarrior,

I'm sorry about what happened.  You mentioned 'the item was signed for by someone at NETGEAR', with regard to this, were you able to make sure that this 'someone' is really related to NETGEAR?  It would be best that you double-check it with UPS if they have really send the defective unit to the correct NETGEAR Return Address.  

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 6 of 7
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Ewarrior,

Were you able to double-check it with UPS if they have really send the defective unit to the correct NETGEAR Return Address?

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements